AlphaMAME 0.61.2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

mahlemiut
Editor

AlphaMAME 0.61.2

Post by mahlemiut »

Hopefully, this version works fine. It does still need testing. Download it and help out with that, if you so wish.

If it does seem to work, and everyone's happy with it, I'll make it official. (Once I get support added to analinp, and then release the alphamame source changes).

Changes in this version:
- Improved encryption (very) slightly.
- Enabled Giga Wing (US and Japan) [gigawing, gwingj]
- Added X-Men: Children of the Atom (Asia) [xmcotaa]
- Fixed Z80 reset so that Giga Wing will not hang after exiting test mode.
- Fixed Giga Wing tile display.
- Added ElSemi's YM2610 Delta-T sample fix, fixing Shock Troopers and KOF99 music. Especially for BBH. ;) (Used with permission)
- And probably some other stuff too that I've forgotten. :)

UPDATE: http://mahlemiut.marpirc.net/alphamame-061-2.zip
- Fixed encryption so that games can now be decrypted by a program other than MAME. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

http://mahlemiut.marpirc.net/alphamame-061-3.zip

What's new:
- Added ESP Ra.De. (Japan ver. 4/21) [espradej] Appears to have been inadvertantly missing from MAME 0.61.
- Fixed Cave shooters [ddonpach, esprade, espradej, espradeo, dfeveron, guwange] playbackability. I hope. Side effect is that some sound effects will be missing. Should lead someone to the right place to fix it properly.
- Barry Rodewald
Vaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Vaz »

Don't get offended by this, Barry, but can't you spend 5 minutes to write down some hell of html code for that section (I mean mahlemiut.marpirc.net), what the heck, there isn't any whatsnew.txt doc or similar :cry:

Btw, is there any chance to know if there are other new games added in the past releases of alphamame 0.61 that will appear in official mame 0.62? Thank you for eventually answering this stupid question :wink:
http://www.vazcomics.org/mamend/ -- MamEnd: when the end is just the beginning...
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

You can see what I added in alphamame.txt which I include in the zip.

As far as HTML goes... One day, maybe. :) Probably once analinp can be properly updated to add support for it (right, BenJos? ;)), and when I upload the source changes...

And the only driver I actually added was xmcotaa, the others were pretty much already there, just needing to be enabled and CRCs corrected. All quite simple stuff really, any doofus could do it. :)
- Barry Rodewald