Nostalgia poll

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Did you ever see Atmospherical Heights?

Yes. Wow! that brings back memories
29%
I have heard about it, but never saw it.
7%
Never heard of it.
64%

Total votes: 14

cosumel
Button Masher
Button Masher

Nostalgia poll

Post by cosumel »

Just curious, how many people here have been around long enough to have actually been to Atmospherical Heights, the first Mame site?
Ray
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." - Naguib Mahfouz
BBH
Editor

Re: Nostalgia poll

Post by BBH »

cosumel wrote:Just curious, how many people here have been around long enough to have actually been to Atmospherical Heights, the first Mame site?
Ohh yeah. Atmospherical Heights was the first emulation site I ever saw! I think when I found the site MAME was at version 0.14 or so. What I was really interested in at the time were the two standalone Rygar emulators, REM! and Rishgar. I preferred the latter. Then the author of that came out with Btishger, a Black Tiger emulator... I remember in the first version you couldn't even change the dip switches, and it defaulted to Continue off. :)

I can't believe that was 5 years ago...
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Ooooh, I remember playing those emulators.

First emulator I ever used was CPCEMU, soon followed by MAME (somewhere around v0.21 or so). Spent as much time as possible at Atomspherical Heights and Dave's Classics (now Vintage Gaming).

How times have changed now though...
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

I think my first contact with MAME was back in the 0.20's before they started doing the beta version numbering. Up until a year ago, I had the first version of MAME I ever saw on a ZIP disk. Too bad my drive didn't work. :) Threw it all away.
-roncli
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

mahlemiut wrote:First emulator I ever used was CPCEMU, soon followed by MAME (somewhere around v0.21 or so). Spent as much time as possible at Atomspherical Heights and Dave's Classics (now Vintage Gaming).
Oh man, I remember when I used to check Dave's several times a day! Then it got all gay and I started checking Retrogames instead. I can fondly recall that blurb on Dave's back in early February of 1998, mentioning something about a "MAME Action Replay Page" that had been started up by Chris Moore... the rest is history.