Golf games update.

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Frankie
Editor

Golf games update.

Post by Frankie »

Hi

I'm going through all Golf games to adjust them to the general Golf scoring system.

Birdie King 1 - This games does not work. It's not possible to get the ball into the hole :) - Nothing done about this game. If in the future this game gets fixed, then it should use the same scoring system as Birdie King 2.

Birdie King 2 - Changed to the special scoring system we voted to use for this game. Scores has been updated.

Fighting Golf (set 1) - Updated to the general Golf scoring system.

Fighting Golf (set 2) - No uploads for this game yet. Edited the rules for it, so they appear when the first upload is done.

Golden Tee Golf - This game was already updated to the general Golf scoring system. Edited the rules for 'gtg-rl', to which there is no uploads yet.

Golden Tee Golf 2 (Joy V1.0) - This game was already updated to the general Golf scoring system. Edited the rules for 'gtg2j-wc' and 'gtg2j-wl', to which there is no uploads yet.

Golden Tee Golf 2 (Trackball, V2.2) - No uploads to any of these games. Edited rules for 'gtg2-vr','gtg2-wc' and 'gtg2-wl'.

Golden Tee Golf 2 (Trackball, V1.1) - Same as 'Trackball, V2.2'

Major Title 2 (World) - Updated to the general Golf scoring system, and edited the rules for 'majtitl2-ew' to which no uploads have been done yet.

Irem Skin Game (US set 1) - Updated to general Golf scoring system.

Irem Skin Game (US set 2) - Updated to general Golf scoring system and edited the rules for 'skingam2-ew' to which no one have made an upload.

Top Player's Golf - Already updated.

PlayChoice-10: Golf - Already updated.

PlayChoice-10: Mario Open Golf - Already updated.

That's it for now :)
Frankie
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Will cprogolf be updated? Or you not done yet? ;)
-roncli
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

roncli wrote:Will cprogolf be updated? Or you not done yet? ;)
I'm not done yet, and yes it will be updated. But that one is a bit tricky. I might need to run a poll for it. A course is only on 9 holes, but there are 3 or more courses.

The courses looks very much alike. Course 1-x, 2-x and 3-x are the same Par and the same Lenght. The only difference is that there might be a lake on x-2 that is not on x-1 and then for x-3 something else have changed.

I think that playing more than 18 holes would be very boring on this game. So I might run a poll if we should play 9 or 18 holes.

So, I haven't forgotten it :)
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

More update:

Major Title 1 - Updated to the general Golf scoring system and edited the rules for it.

Teed Off - Also updated scoring and rules. This one goes over 22 holes :)

U.S. Classic - Nothing done. It seems this game doesn't work.

Golfing Greats - Updated rules to this new game, to which no uploads have been submitted yet.

Golfing Greats (Japan) - Same as Golfing Greats.

Bye.
Frankie
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

When you do CProGolf, note that the Pika163's stroke count is 38, not 26. See the playback for details.
-roncli
Donut
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Donut »

Barry edited a score on Neo Turf Masters, LeClaqueurFou to 59 from 8 for an 8 hole 5-under. What's the system there now?
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

I haven't done that one yet, but it will use the same rules as all the other games.

200 - strokes on 18 holes.

Old recordings or recordings where you don't play all 18 holes:

200 - strokes on holes played - (par + 2 on holes not played)
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Neo Turf Masters - The rules for the 4 courses have been updated. You can now play all 18 holes, no matter how many credits it takes. I'll work my way through the recordings and change the scores using the new scoring system.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

More update:

Neo Turf Masters - All 4 courses have been updated to use the general Golf scoring system. No low scores, which was scored by hole reached anymore.

There's only these left now: cprogolf (waiting for the poll to end), ladygolf, smgolf and smgolfj.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Cassette Pro Golf - Made the Special Rules for this one, and updated the 3 uploads to the new rules.
Frankie
Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

I just played (and submitted) Golfing greats (glfgreat).

The game is fully playable, but ignores things as bunkers, water and rough. It also forces you to putt when you get closer than abount 60 yards from the pin, even if your ball is in the bunker, water etc.

What's the policy for games which will be tougher once fully emulated? Should it be starred until then, or will the scores be reset?

All things said is true for the japanese clone as well.
-Abbe
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Abbe wrote:What's the policy for games which will be tougher once fully emulated? Should it be starred until then, or will the scores be reset?
I think they should be starred as you say. This also goes for U.S. Classics or can someone get this to work?
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Vs. Stroke and Match Golf (Ladies Version) - Made Special Rules link and updated the scores to use the general golf scoring system. It's now allowed to play all 18 holes, no matter how many credits that takes.

In this game the first 2 holes is a random of 4 different par 4 holes and the rest is the same 16 holes in random order. I believe this is the same thing with the 2 remaining golf games 'smgolf' and 'smgolfj', but I'll have to check that first.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Well, some new Golf games in the .64 release.

Crowns Golf (set 1) - Just made Special Rules for this game:

In this Golf game we'll play all 9 holes no matter how many credits it takes. To play 9 holes you must insert 6 credits, then press '3'. There's no reason to insert more coins and play holes 10-18 after your first nine holes, as it's the same courses just in a different order.

SCORING:
100 - (nb of strokes on all 9 holes)

Ex. If you do the 9 holes in 35 strokes, then your final score is 100 - 35 = 65.

Crowns Golf (set 2) - Same as Crowns Golf (set 1), besides that it needs 10 credits instead of 6.

Champion Golf (bootleg) - Once again same as Crowns Golf (set 1), but needs 10 credits instead of 6.

Birdie Try (Japan) - This was released in .63, but the game doesn't work properly as the screen goes black after the first course. Should be archived.
Frankie
lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by lagavulin »

[quote]SCORING:
100 - (nb of strokes on all 9 holes)

Ex. If you do the 9 holes in 35 strokes, then your final score is 100 - 35 = 65. [/quote]

Maybe scores could be multiplied by 2 for these games, to have a kind of uniformity on all golf games ... In your example, score would be 130 ...
Lagavulin,
2003 MARP Tournament Coordinator.