Kangaroo

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Kangaroo

Post by kfx »

I am not sure about the leecing rules, but Ben Jos Walbeehm is using a rather cheap trick on lavel 2 in his kangarob and kangaroa recordings. I have confirmet the scores, but could somebody with more experince look at them, and tell me, if what he is dooing is "illigal"

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/bjw_kang ... _win35.zip

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/bjw_kang ... mame36.zip

TIA
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

Hmmm, 20 views but no reply, please relpy as I want to get an undestanding about leeching in games.
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Sorry, can't run those versions reliably here.
-roncli
JoustGod
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by JoustGod »

While some games this would be considered an illegal leech, this one is not. The main reason is that there is a limited amount of time in which to use this technique. Illegal leeching generally refers to being able to accumulate points while gaining extra men in the process. Since Kangaroo has both a timer and a limited number of extra men, it can't go on indefinitely exploiting this flaw in the game. My view...legal. ;-)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

agreed, though i haven't inspected ben jos's recordings yet, i think there isn't an infinite amount that can be done thus it's ok. also views don't necesariily mean someone 20 elses are viewing them, it sucks but when the poster looks at their post it gets view logged too :(
-skito
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

Thanks for the reply, the problem as I see it, is that he is "dying on purpose" letting the time run out on level 2. But as you say it´s a flaw in the game, but still a cheap trick, on one of the recording he is not gettin beyound level 2.