Gamest/Arcadia scores,available anywhere to see?

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Gamest/Arcadia scores,available anywhere to see?

Post by fraser »

I know the best person to ask is gemant ,but failing any show of the great man,would there be any way i can get to see some copies of what was hosted on his A.I.V.I site ,mainly it's for scores from 1987~2001 ! There is a torrent about ,but no seeds!
fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: Gamest/Arcadia scores,available anywhere to see?

Post by fraser »

I found them on mameitalia.net ,as a still live, megaupload link!

Just on one high score i was looking at in particular,it has "LIMITED POINTS?" after it,JYUOHKI 599.700 . and i couldn't find any score higher on the interweb,but i can confirm that it's not limited to that score,as stage 3 is(was) the only stage where all the enemies are not killed in the 599,700 replay.It looked just about impossible to kill anything else,but i sat up til after 5am playing it over and over and got the bugger,making the points of JYUOHKI limited to 599.800 !

Well i'd hope i'm correct ,as it would feel nice to have a score (when submitted) that beats one from such a respected magazine!
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

yeah, that'd be pretty cool. where's the inp? and can you provide the direct link to the gamest scores?
-skito
fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by fraser »

fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by fraser »

Chad wrote:yeah, that'd be pretty cool. where's the inp? and can you provide the direct link to the gamest scores?
Yet to do the full recording inp,but the top score here on marp (which is the same as on the gamest/arcadia list) has been here since 2003,quite a long time to remain unbeaten!
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Some games have a limit points system (juuouki, golden axe, insector x). In Gamest magazine limit points is write so: "limit points ?". Because with the all actual pattern, seem that limit was that. If you have beat this score, congratulation, but I wait show your inp.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

About the Gamest list, sorry but I stopped that work in 2006. The list is available in torrent site but is old, because score of last 4 years are missing. I continue a world record list for only 375 games (400 in future) This document is update every 3 months.
Last edited by GHEMANT on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

fraser wrote:making the points of JYUOHKI limited to 599.800 !
where is that 100 pts extra? in stage 3?
fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by fraser »

GHEMANT wrote:
fraser wrote:making the points of JYUOHKI limited to 599.800 !
where is that 100 pts extra? in stage 3?
I've had my inp verified now ,altbeast4 ,and the extra 100 points is near the start of stage 3,it comes from the ant that runs along the bottom of the stage while the 1st brown wolf runs along the top of the screen!

In the gamesT/marp recording ,the player doesn't even try to get this ant,because the ant and the wolf both come on the screen at just about the same time,so it looked impossible to kill ant on ground and wolf above !But i sat for hours trying and found what worked ,while slowly getting sick of the crappy mad catz pad i had to use,then made some silly mistakes on later levels ,but that was down to me getting over excited knowing i was going to beat that 7 year old record ,silly but it happened ha ha .

I'm also going to stick the replay up on my youtube account,(which is what i have done with a couple of other replays from marp ,credit given to the player who it belongs to )after extracting the png files from mame's mng replay file.
fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by fraser »

GHEMANT wrote:Some games have a limit points system (juuouki, golden axe, insector x). In Gamest magazine limit points is write so: "limit points ?". Because with the all actual pattern, seem that limit was that. If you have beat this score, congratulation, but I wait show your inp.

Thank you !

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/altbeast4
http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/f/b/b/afr ... olf106.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= ... UIAoCum7FA

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= ... L0uVKGQE-w
ZeroMax
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by ZeroMax »

Congrats on new high score Fraser !

Just wanted to submit some information about local arcade room here in Bulgaria.

We had Altered Beast machine and i remember very clearly that player with initials LZZ had all places occupied in score table of that game.
It was pretty amazing at that time cos normal scores were 560-570k...
But his/her best result was exactly 700000 pts and rest varies from 670-690k.
There were many speculations about that score that he/she had played a 2 players game and getting powers of the other player which are 3000 pts each if you are in beast form.
I've tried that on Mame and still impossible to get 700000.
The other speculation was that when in wolf form you can hit the record with fire balls or shield attack and you can gain points....
Not sure how it was done but it was impossible to beat.
Maybe you can try 2 players game and see if u getting all powers of the other player will get you any near 700000 pts.
8)
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

in original version of altered beast / juuouki 599.800pts (hardest) is limited points.

However this isn't a Gamest score, but only Marp score! Because on Gamest / Arcadia is accepted only normal and hard difficult.

Many versions of this game in Europe was bootleg, with infinite loops where 700k or 900k is possible.
fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by fraser »

I'm a bit confused now,only MARP score ? as i see from looking at the old (your)A.I.V.A arcadia records,it says this

JYUOHKI (ALTERED BEAST) IML-MOL NORMAL 584.200 LIMITED POINTS?
IML-MOL HARD 591.000 LIMITED POINTS? ∂

JYUOHKI (ALTERED BEAST) (MAME REPLAY) IML-MOL HARDEST 599.700 LIMITED POINTS?
fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by fraser »

GHEMANT wrote:About the Gamest list, sorry but I stopped that work in 2006. The list is available in torrent site but is old, because score of last 4 years are missing. I continue a world record list for only 375 games (400 in future) This document is update every 3 months:

http://www.arcade-extreme.com/download. ... 091227.zip
So,in the next update ,will i be in this list ?
fraser
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by fraser »

ZeroMax wrote:Congrats on new high score Fraser !

Just wanted to submit some information about local arcade room here in Bulgaria.

We had Altered Beast machine and i remember very clearly that player with initials LZZ had all places occupied in score table of that game.
It was pretty amazing at that time cos normal scores were 560-570k...
But his/her best result was exactly 700000 pts and rest varies from 670-690k.
There were many speculations about that score that he/she had played a 2 players game and getting powers of the other player which are 3000 pts each if you are in beast form.
I've tried that on Mame and still impossible to get 700000.
The other speculation was that when in wolf form you can hit the record with fire balls or shield attack and you can gain points....
Not sure how it was done but it was impossible to beat.
Maybe you can try 2 players game and see if u getting all powers of the other player will get you any near 700000 pts.
8)
Thank you