Tapper special rules

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Tapper special rules

Post by LN2 »

I was just wondering above these types of special rules.

weren't these sound issues fixed in later versions? I know there were issues from 0.63 through some 0.7x version or even later...but no longer an issue.

I can check playing tapper I guess...but know there were numerous games with those issues...including centipede, etc. as well.

thought almost all of those are no problem with modern versions of wolfmame.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

If I remember right, it was ye olde 0.63 playback bug. As far as I know, it works in recent versions, but I have no idea at what version it started working again. If you're willing to test playback in various versions, then go ahead, and let us know what works.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

I played a couple quickie games of tapper in wolf101 and playback was fine.

...although the score were only around 50-100k.

it will take me a few more games of it to get my rythym and strategy back to put at least 300k to do a more "real" playback test.

I would think these rules can just give a caution of playback issues after 0.62 so if you want to be sure it playsback use the older version...but if playback works ok on modern versions, then it still will be accepted.

..or something to that tune.

I don't have most of the recent versions. I used 0.78 then took the jump all the way to 0.101 then 0.106. I have not and likely will not use any other versions.

...so I easily can test in 101 and 106. I do think it was still an issue in 78 but not 100% sure there.

I know centipede and millipede had issues also...as well as Major Havoc(never would playback with sound on pc versions) and a few other analog games that had this issue.

It never was an issue in macmame.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

According to MAWS. Tapper has graphic glitch bugs between M98 thru M102. So the special rules needed to update after M103. I'm not sure if pb problems still working after M106. :)

NotMan
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

What sort of graphic glitch? Not really much point changing the rules just for the sake of something that may well not affect gameplay at all.

And also, as far as I know, playback in Tapper is working fine in recent versions.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer