Replay Bounties III

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Replay Bounties III

Post by zlk »

I have decided to post some replay bounties. Here are the rules:

1) The replays must be made with Wolfmame version 99 or newer. You must use the default M68k C-core. I also have to be able to get the inp to playback. I am not eligible for my own bounties. If I make any replays that would have won a bounty, it does not matter. The bounty is still available until someone else submits a recording satisfying the requirements of that bounty.

2) All the normal rules of MARP apply. You must play the games with default settings. However, if a game has a dipswitch that lets you use autofire, you may turn it on. (for example you can hit f2 in donpachj to go to the test menu and turn autofire on) If you do use in-game autofire for the replay, please either post the replay here in this thread as an attachment, or post a link where I can download the replay from.

3) I reserve the right to disqualify anyone, at any time, for any reason.

4) The bounties expire December 31, 2007.

Here are the games and the bounties:

ROM: donpachj (or donpacjp if you are using version 110 and above)

a) Score over 40,000,000 points and finish the game: $100

ROM: zookeep

c) Score over 50,000,000 points: $100
You may leech on the coconut levels if you want to.

ROM: carnevil

d) Finish the game on one credit: $50

ROM: enduror

e) Score over 35,000,000 points: $50

ROM: ddonpach

g) Finish the game on one credit: $50

ROM: espradeo, espradej

h) Demonstrate the scoring bug in esprade and score over 75,000,000 points: $25
I am not sure which romset the bug works on, so you can try either Japanese romset.

ROM: ddragon

i) Max out the score in double dragon: $25
There is a trick to do this using only one credit and one player.

Good Luck!
Last edited by zlk on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.
BBH
Editor

Re: Replay Bounties III

Post by BBH »

zlk wrote: ROM: smashtv

b) Kill the die cobros: $100
If you finish the game on one credit, you will get two additional prizes.
no comment
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I found something strange in DoDonpachi on boss 3. First this boss shots balls and next when you destroy his 'shield' he shots diffrent bullets. Two days ago I have situation where after destroying his 'shield' he don't shot. I destroyed this boss without any problem. Probably 'shield' must be destroyed in due time for this trick. I destroyed his 'shield' when he was on left side on screen. After it he move (drift) on left screen and nothing more (looks as blocked).
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Are you sure it isn't the stage 4 boss that does this? If the boss is on the right side of the screen (half of it is off screen, half of it is on) when you destroy its laser gun, (17/32 of its health is left) the boss will stay there and not move (and more importantly not fire).
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Jisus, I tried zombraid today. Is it possible to finish this game using one credit? Cool game but very hard.
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

please add:
The Combatribes (US)
finish it only one coin ????I really want this inp!:!:
I'm a chinese boy.I just like "NO MISS ALL",but not always the scores
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Mmxx how much are you willing to pay? You can always make your own bounties. :D
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

zlk wrote:Mmxx how much are you willing to pay? You can always make your own bounties. :D
chinese boy=no money now... :cry: maybe somedays I will earn it myself...I'm a pool college student now :oops:
I'm a chinese boy.I just like "NO MISS ALL",but not always the scores
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

If you are playing zombie raid, you can use the in-game menu to turn on autofire for trigger and reload. If you do so, post your replay here in the forum as it will not be legal for marp.

I am not sure how this will affect the replay playback, but I think something can be figured out.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Do you say about wolfmame autofire cheat?

Yesterday I test more this game. And is possible to finish game without autofire. Only one problem is two-head monster which hold green orb. I don;t know technique for him, time to find it.

How to play without autofire? You must define trigger for mouse and with this configuration you play on 'normal' stages. And you must define trigger for AS button for example, this configuration you use on bosses and in places where fast shooting is required (cars, big monsters, mummies).

PS. Finish game with autofire can be too simple.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Finished with autofire, wolf106. It was too easy. Hardest creature in game is two-head monster.
Score 229320.
7-Zip used for archive.
Attachments
zombraid_autofire_wolf106.zip
(503.91 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Can anyone get this replay to work? I am getting lots of coin errors during this replay. The only way to sometimes get past them is to hit f10. Even with f10 around frame 42000 I get another coin error.

Any idea what is causing this and how to avoid it?
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Was it recorded with auto frameskip disabled? It has to be disabled for it to playback.
Darren
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Des wrote:How to play without autofire? You must define trigger for mouse and with this configuration you play on 'normal' stages. And you must define trigger for AS button for example, this configuration you use on bosses and in places where fast shooting is required (cars, big monsters, mummies).
I'm not sure I understand. Why change the config to fire from the mouse and alter it for different situations? Surely the standard keys (Ctrl-fire, Alt-reload) should suffice to play the game through?
Darren
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

For fast shooting. If you can use alt and ctrl for firing as autofire almost then no problem. I must have arcade button for right hand but then I must fast change right->left hand for mouse.