Super Mario World (Nintendo Super System)

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

mahlemiut
Editor

Super Mario World (Nintendo Super System)

Post by mahlemiut »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/f/8/c/pn ... olf103.zip

Appears to lose sync at about 602k.

Hooray for more console games that make bad arcade games.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
pat33999
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by pat33999 »

I checked the recording before I uploaded it, and it played back perfectly. Tried it again after seeing this topic, and it was perfect again.

Somebody confirmed NotMan's score, so I assumed playback would be OK if I made a recording. I just now tried his recording, and it desynced around 65,000.
Attachments
nss_smw.png
nss_smw.png (9.79 KiB) Viewed 3371 times
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I guess this is another "0.63 bug" type thing where playback will only work on one of the two "sets". (I say this because I already know that mahlemiut and NotMan are not in the same set as me)

anyway, recording plays back to 1,373,200 as advertised here.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Yeah! I got playback (pb) up to 602k same as mahlemiut. I'm not quite sure whenever it is .63 bugs, mame.ini, sound problem, RDSTC or frameskip causing pb problems in Wolf103. We're trying to find what cause one set works and other doesn't in some certain games.

Pat33999. I would love to see you finish the game until the next version come out if they finally find what cause the pb problems in some games.

The last full working version I could think that doesn't have any type of pb problems is Wolf99. Although, I may be wrong. :)

Later,

NotMan
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Curious to see in what group I am ...
Apparently in BBH's : input also playbacks perfectly till the end of the game for me.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Hey Phil,

Found the pb problems was bad crc which I had that cause different replay. Bad CRC = Bad replays! :)

Got fixed version of nss_smw, so Pat33999's nss_smw works until the end!

Congrats to Pat33999.

Managed to find out what cause the pb problems on NG with two different sets, due one missing ROMS BIOS and fixed ROMS BIOS. We talked over on IRC, last night.

Later,

NotMan
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

NotMan wrote:Managed to find out what cause the pb problems on NG with two different sets, due one missing ROMS BIOS and fixed ROMS BIOS. We talked over on IRC, last night.
Uhhh... the BIOS used though is still the same. The missing BIOS was an older japanese BIOS, the default is the 1-slot Euro BIOS. That Euro BIOS is what everyone ought to be using, as some Neo Geo games can play a bit easier using a different one. The same BIOS has been used since way back when MAME first added Neo Geo support, from memory.

Bottom line concerning Neo Geo, the BIOS is definitely not the cause.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer