Destructor's "rampage"

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

mahlemiut
Editor

Destructor's "rampage"

Post by mahlemiut »

After all of destructor's uploading on sf2 clones, this is the only score that can be blocked: http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/e/c/2/it ... mame65.zip

Now begs the other question - why? (Other than flooding my inbox with upload notices :))
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

preemptive strike against any future recording SNooP might upload on the SF2 games?

boredom?

I'm absolutely in awe of Barthax's mad skillz too. :D
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I prepare to get first places on sf2 :) . I blocked some players that do specials without problems (maybe cheats or pause :?: ). If not then what problem record inp on alphamame. Look on sf2rb where SNooP two times submit identical inps, thought will written description after first submit about alphamame blocking.
I will blocked all games where I can get first place and players submit inp with nonalphamame versions :)
But now I don't have time because K3 last :) Good luck to all players on K3. It's a pity that without BBH :cry:
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

BBH wrote:I'm absolutely in awe of Barthax's mad skillz too. :D
I am as humbled by the mighty BBH's opinion as BBH's own awe. :D
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Destructor's "rampage"

Post by destructor »

mahlemiut wrote:After all of destructor's uploading on sf2 clones, this is the only score that can be blocked: http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/e/c/2/it ... mame65.zip
Can I block this score :?: I send my inp 22 may, but this inp Isao send 11 march.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I'm sure Skito will get around to blocking it eventually. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

mahlemiut wrote:I'm sure Skito will get around to blocking it eventually. :)
HEY i'm not the only editor you know :roll: :D, all blocking requests will get processed faster if you have a marp link to search directly to the game list, not just the inp link.
-skito
kkl
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by kkl »

looks like i've missed something..
Well, nothing to say about alphamame blocking:marpers vote it,so be it.
I also didnt know about blocking scores rule:when i have a new one score,all i do is type site
address,click login, then submit.thats all.

again nothing to say about your sf2 rainbow ed scores:
u got 1st place (for less than 1 day :wink: ) with alphamame,then my
recording was blocked.ok

But i dont feel very good about your "massive blockings".

you wrote
"Look on sf2rb where SNooP two times submit identical inps,
thought will written description after first submit about alphamame
blocking."
I submitted 2 different scores:
1st 1.874.000 description "missed 2nd bonus stage"

than i played it again (for the last time in my life) and uploaded
another one recording 1.874.600; just 600pts more.I also made the same
description just cos i missed again 2nd bonus stage..not so hard to understand

you wrote
" will blocked all games where I can get first place and players submit
inp with nonalphamame versions"

i dont understand..... why dont u wait until u get your 1st place recording
and then upload it?Are u in hurry? let me know
please try to understand that i dont feel any good because making a good score takes from me lot of time ..sometims could become kinda boring playing one game for too much time,and now gotta play again sf2 games just because u decided to block scores

im also waiting with excitement for yours 1st place recordings on:

SF2
SF2ACCP2
SF2CE (you beated me again :wink: )
SF2CEJ (i would love to see your inp higher than HIR's one)
SF2CEUA
SF2CEUB
SF2CEUC
SF2EB
SF2J
SF2JA
SF2JC
SF2RED
SF2T
SF2TJ
SF2UA
SF2UB
SF2UD
SF2UE
SF2UF
SF2UI
SF2V004

Can you give me an approximate date? 2/2/2005?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Hey Snoop!

Sorry it comes as a surprise, it is a problem that people don't look what "other" people are doing on the site. Just realize that all of your scores before 3-3-2003 will stay unblocked, i think you had plenty of recordings before this time (if i remember right...) so basically you just need to make up only the ones you've recorded after this date. "Massive blockings" is actually just three of your scores that have been blocked, so three more games you have to record (and i am sure you will get a better score the next time you play since you seem to progress with each recording.)

It was kinda "mean" for the blocking crew to focus on sf, but how better to get the word out? Otherwise you might have continued to "connect and click and submit" to make more recordings that would get blocked later, just record in alphamame and all will be cool.
-skito
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I watch many inps to sf2, not only your SNooP. I watch your last inp and I know that this is good and you are good player. But I see in some inps that some players easy make specials that aren't easy to make. I try to make this specials perfectly too, learning, learnig ... and nothing. But after switch on cheats where is example: 'easy hadouken (ryu/ken)' I make this specials with no problem.
I don't know that alphamame blocking cheats. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I block all sf2.
Why you don't record inp on alphamame?
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

But after switch on cheats where is example: 'easy hadouken (ryu/ken)' I make this specials with no problem.
These cheats can't be used because they would need to be active when playing back the recording as well.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Yes, you be right. I needed more training :wink: but players needed record inps in alphamame 8)
kkl
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by kkl »

Ok
Next time i'll use alphamame on already blocked games (but i didnt try it on my machine yet)
But I see in some inps that some players easy make specials that aren't easy to make. I try to make this specials perfectly too, learning, learnig ... and nothing. But after switch on cheats where is example: 'easy hadouken (ryu/ken)' I make this specials with no problem.
I don't know that alphamame blocking cheats. Maybe yes, maybe no, but I block all sf2.

I think you are talking about street fighter,not sf2 games...isnt it?
if so,if u dont have a good controller,try to use keyboard

but players needed record inps in alphamame
from alphamame blocking bonus topic
Passing this vote will NOT force newbies to use alphamame. But if newbies want to beat alphamame scores already submited by veterans (who already know alphamame is a way to put the most pride into recordings), the newbies will have to learn and use it.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Yes. Sf1 too. But I'm very weak on sf1. I use keyboard. Later I mailed to you SNooP because this place is "Regulation Play" not "What Play" :)