Congratulations To NOL For Completing MAGLORD

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Congratulations To NOL For Completing MAGLORD

Post by tmorrow »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/nol_magl ... mame64.zip

The game also plays back fine on alphamame-067-1 too.

Magician's Lord has long been a tough nut to crack on MARP. I've seen dozens of inp's over the past couple of years with noone being able to get anywhere near the end of the game. BBH gave us some excellent attempts early on the pioneer the way others. Unfortunately in recent times, probably out of frustration, some have resorted to following repetitive cycles to rack up higher scores and not daring to take on the difficult half of the game.

Congratulations to NOL for a great display of game mastery to be the first to complete this challenging game here on MARP. MARP continues to produce the best action replays on the Internet.

Cheers,
Tim
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

You can thank Sakai for starting the retarded leeching on the home version romset. (note that it's impossible to do on the regular MVS version, which nol finished... also note that Sakai has not submitted a recording for this version)

and yes, props to nol for finishing this. I've never been able to on one credit as there's some really cheap shit late in the game that's always bound to get me.