Bemani thread

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote: Wow great stuff there. And Kamikaze, :o I'm sure it won't take you long to knock down my 1050. I'll try to get higher when you do. :)
hehe I actually played it a little last night, and I'm still terrible at it!!! I don't know what it is about that pesky song, there are just certain parts I can't get many JG's on. ESPECIALLY the drumrolls. Those are like all Goods or Poors no matter when I press. :(

But yes, I was pretty happy with Kamikaze at least :)
I'm pretty horrible at IIDX to be honest, can only pass (on 4th) all the L7 stuff (first try), and most stuff 6 stars and under first try (except a few, which I still couldn't pass after a few tries, namely Gobble, that end part is argh, I know its a stream, I just can't find a hand position). All 7 star stuff is out of my reach besides Final Count Down, I'm getting closer on Empathy (only played it twice so far).
Gobble is a strange song, most of it is so easy and then all of a sudden it throws in those crazy scale-like sections. The finger positioning on it is definitely very weird. Empathy... yeah, that ending is dumb. What I usually do is position both hands over 1, 2, and 3 to better concentrate as it's a really weird rhythm to do with one hand. Of course it does throw in some other notes too, I try to hit them out of the corner of my right hand since I'm keeping it near the 3 key at least....

I still wouldn't say you're horrible if you could plow through all the L7 stuff first try, especially Get on Beat Wild Style...
I tried two courses (on 4th again), failed at Starmine on Happy, and Absolute on Trance.
if it makes you feel any better, the Happy course is way underrated in terms of difficulty.... they probably intended it to be a little easier by putting 6-star songs in at the end instead of 7's... but oops, Starmine and Jive into the Night are way hard for 6's! They actually upgraded these songs to 7-star status in either 8th or 9th Style arcade. No argument from me there... it took me a while to pass Jive into the Night. And Starmine, that ending... nuff said.

The Trance course is awesome though :D Way more fun than the Trance courses on 5th and 6th, heh. Absolute is definitely a killer though.... seeing how I can AAA North and Love Will, get high AA's on Clione and Infinite Prayer... but Absolute I usually get an A on. Blah. Oh well, I still end up getting an AA overall for the course usually, so I'm happy. :)

I'm sure you can pass the Vocal course at least, hehe.
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

Played 4th Stlye at a friends house last night (finally). Got a Final Countdown score for you, 1364...620-124-40-3-6.

Played it for about...hmm...4-5 hours straight? (just one song)
And now i never wanna touch the song again...great song though.

Until i can get proof of my scores...you'll have to just trust me...or not, I don't mind. :P :P :P
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

hehe