MARP Election 2007 - Call for Nominations

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

I nominate BBH for Regulation Coordinator.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations are closed. No new nominations are allowed. Nominated members have until November 24, 23:59 GMT to accept nominations. If a nomination is not explicitly accepted by this deadline, it will be considered rejected.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nomination status (accepted nominations are bolded, rejected nominations are underlined. Where forum and MARP account names for a nominee differ, I list both). No new nominations will be accepted, existing nominations may be accepted through November 24, 23:59 GMT.

Knockout Coordinator:
GHEMANT/GEMANT@AIVA
LN2/Rick Carter
Marco Marocco
Metrackle
RAX
Zhorik/gastrainga
Novice
BBH
Chufoglu/Potante
dan/VERTEX-DAN
NotMan
pat33999
Phil Lamat
Sikraiken
TJT
zlk

Regulation Coordinator:
BBH
Chad/Skito
LN2/Rick Carter
Mahlemiut
Weehawk/John Cunningham
***PL*** (Pat Laffaye)
Phil Lamat
TJT

WCC Coordinator:
NotMan

-----------------------------
Weehawk = sniper
Last edited by Zhorik on Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

what does regulation coordinator do? is that what you currently hold george?

is that only for specific events...or applies to all regulations relative to MARP and following policies and procedures etc.?
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

All MARP roles and their responsibilities can be found here: http://marp.retrogames.com/rules/election.htm

Here are the "job descriptions" for the three positions...

D. Regulation Coordinator:

1. There is one regulation coordinator elected.

2. Length of term: One year

3. How to get in: By majority vote in the general election.

4. How to get out: Losing in the general election or achieving a 2/3 vote of all editors or the general public, depending on which medium the coordinator was impeached. The impeached coordinator's vote does not count. Resigning two weeks in advance.

5. Any editor may be a regulation coordinator. A regulation coordinator may not be a tournament or knockout coordinator.

6. Rights

a. Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
b. Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

7. Responsibilities

a. Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
b. Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.

E. Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators:

1. There are three knockout coordinators elected.

3. How to get in: By majority vote in the general election. Whoever achieves the most votes is the Knockout Chairman.

4. How to get out: By losing in the general election. Resigning two weeks in advance.

5. Up to one editor may be a knockout coordinator. A knockout coordinator may not be a regulation or tournament coordinator.

6. Rights:

a. Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
b. Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

7. Responsibilities to choose games for the upcoming knockout tournament:

a. Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
b. Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
c. (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.

F. Tournament Coordinator:

1. There is one tournament coordinator elected.

3. How to get in: By majority vote in the general election.

4. How to get out: By losing in the general election. Resigning two weeks in advance.

5. An editor may be a tournament coordinator. A tournament coordinator may not be a knockout or regulation coordinator.

6. Rights

a. May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
b. May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
c. May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
d. Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.

7. Responsibilities:

a. Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
b. Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Rick, I'm Election Coordinator. Phil Lamat is the current Regulation Coordinator. In practice the Regulation Coordinator has usually been most involved with Regulations as they apply to gameplay. This would include discussion on the Regulaton Play forum (of which they are a moderator), facilitating polls for special rules for particular games, and helping determine the special rules.

For example, the current TMNT poll on the General forum was started by Phil and was the result of a discussion regarding leeching on TMNT that Phil faciliated here viewtopic.php?p=47307. Phil also facilitated the discusson around whether a "secure" MAME version should be required for submissions and started the poll that reached the decision that since April 15, 2007 WolfMAME is required for first place scores.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

***PL*** wrote:5. Any editor may be a regulation coordinator. A regulation coordinator may not be a tournament or knockout coordinator.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Rick, Weehawk is correct. The same person is not allowed to be both the Regulation Coordinator and a Knockout Coordinator at the same time. While there is nothing in the regulations to prevent somebody from running in both elections, it might be cleanest to not accept both nominations to avoid the possiblity of being elected for both.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Just over 8 hours are left to accept/reject nominations. BBH has accepted his regulation coordinator nomination. As no nominations were made for Tournament, Time Trial or Olympiad coordinators, I'll continue to accept nominations for those positions for now.

Nomination status (accepted nominations are bolded, rejected nominations are underlined. Where forum and MARP account names for a nominee differ, I list both).

Knockout Coordinator:
GHEMANT/GEMANT@AIVA
LN2/Rick Carter
Marco Marocco
Metrackle
RAX
Zhorik/gastrainga
Novice
BBH
Chufoglu/Potante
dan/VERTEX-DAN
NotMan
pat33999
Phil Lamat
Sikraiken
TJT
zlk

Regulation Coordinator:
BBH
Chad/Skito
LN2/Rick Carter
Mahlemiut
***PL*** (Pat Laffaye)
Phil Lamat
TJT
Weehawk/John Cunningham

WCC Coordinator:
NotMan
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Zhorik wrote:I'll nominate Weehawk for Regulation Coordinator.
Thank you for the nomination, and for the belief of competency on my part which it obviously indicates.

But what I wrote when declining nominations in 2004 still holds true:
I have been honored to serve MARP in the capacity of Regulation Coordinator this year, but the sad truth is that MAME (and therefore MARP) offer over 5000 games now, and I have absolutely zero interest in about 4800 of them.

The position would be better filled by someone that cares much more than I do what scoring system is used in the myriad Mahjong games, or what special rules should apply to the latest fighting game.
Sadly, there is very little that goes on at MARP that is of any interest to me nowadays, and I fear I am partly to blame for this.

However, I assume you will not be able to collect the votes for Knockout Coordinators since you are a candidate, and I am willing to do it if no one else volunteers.
John Cunningham (JTC)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

ok, given the above...and numbers of Ko nominees...

I decline the KO nomination now but ACCEPT the nomination for Regulation Coordinator.

Does the RC also discuss and finalize the special rules for specific game tracks?
cliff
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by cliff »

Zhorik wrote:No new nominations will be accepted, existing nominations may be accepted through November 24, 23:59 GMT.
"Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge." - Proverbs 14:7
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I think he just declined and accepted a nomination for himself, not actually submited a nomination for someone else. Which is ok after the deadline.
-skito
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Chad wrote:I think he just declined and accepted a nomination for himself, not actually submited a nomination for someone else. Which is ok after the deadline.
The last day for submitting nominations was November 21.

The last day for accepting or declining nominations was November 24.

George has been counting down to the deadlines in each update.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Rick (LN2), I'm sorry but your acceptance for regulation coordinator was after the announced deadline for accepting nominations, and I will not accept it. If you like, let me know by November 25, 23:59 GMT that you would still like to run for KO coordinator, and I will allow you to reaccept that nomination.

-George