Bemani thread

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

yes...BBH is becoming quite the excellence.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Played about one more hour of Beatmania since the time I played Sync L7 for the first time. Passed my first 7Key song, Final Countdown (527-201-25-3-36, which I guess is even a AA...)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:Played about one more hour of Beatmania since the time I played Sync L7 for the first time. Passed my first 7Key song, Final Countdown (527-201-25-3-36, which I guess is even a AA...)
O_o

the sim's timing must be REALLY lenient since I'm lucky if I can get an EX score higher than 1000 on the real thing. You'll have to play it on 4th Style PS2 and tell me what you get on that :P
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BBH wrote:
JoeyL21988 wrote:Played about one more hour of Beatmania since the time I played Sync L7 for the first time. Passed my first 7Key song, Final Countdown (527-201-25-3-36, which I guess is even a AA...)
O_o

the sim's timing must be REALLY lenient since I'm lucky if I can get an EX score higher than 1000 on the real thing. You'll have to play it on 4th Style PS2 and tell me what you get on that :P
I don't know, it seems like I'm spot on when I hit the keys... it feels just like the timing of the Beatmanias for Arcade or 6th/Core for PSX. I could be wrong though, so I'll have to pick it up soon.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:
BBH wrote:
O_o

I don't know, it seems like I'm spot on when I hit the keys... it feels just like the timing of the Beatmanias for Arcade or 6th/Core for PSX. I could be wrong though, so I'll have to pick it up soon.
I didn't mean to downplay your accomplishment, it's just... really, really odd to go from Sync L7 to a freakin 7-star song on 7-Key. It's not exactly a logical progression. Although if you've been playing 6th Mix/Core Remix on PSX, that would account for an increase in skill. :)

I messed around with BemaniaDX again for the first time in a while and played easy-ass E-motion (I don't have many other songs on here, haha). Seems like you have to hit the keys slightly earlier than it is on P2 versions. After a couple plays I managed to get 88/8/0/0/0 on it...
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BBH wrote:
JoeyL21988 wrote:
BBH wrote: O_o

I didn't mean to downplay your accomplishment, it's just... really, really odd to go from Sync L7 to a freakin 7-star song on 7-Key. It's not exactly a logical progression. Although if you've been playing 6th Mix/Core Remix on PSX, that would account for an increase in skill. :)

I messed around with BemaniaDX again for the first time in a while and played easy-ass E-motion (I don't have many other songs on here, haha). Seems like you have to hit the keys slightly earlier than it is on P2 versions. After a couple plays I managed to get 88/8/0/0/0 on it...
I didn't see it as you were downplaying my accomplishment (which isn't really much of one anyhow :)). But after playing Sync L7, I didn't play any Beatmania until I played Final Countdown, after three tries I had passed it with what I posted. The song really doesn't seem like it's a 7 Star, it seems like it should be a lot less (compared to some of the stuff I've played on 9th Style -L7-. Maybe stuff has just gotten a lot harder?).

I use Rhythm It, because it felt so odd to hit the keys early on BemaniaDX, but I did use it for a while and got used to it. I downloaded E-Motion (Romantic Style) and I would get around the same scores (really close) on Core Arcade, 6th/Core PSX, Rhythm It, and BemaniaDX, which is why I figured that the timing of the simulators must be pretty close to that of the real deals. 88/8/0/0/0 eh? Nice. :)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

BBH wrote:
JoeyL21988 wrote: I messed around with BemaniaDX again for the first time in a while and played easy-ass E-motion (I don't have many other songs on here, haha). Seems like you have to hit the keys slightly earlier than it is on P2 versions. After a couple plays I managed to get 88/8/0/0/0 on it...
Haha oops, I meant PS2, not P2.
I didn't see it as you were downplaying my accomplishment (which isn't really much of one anyhow :)). But after playing Sync L7, I didn't play any Beatmania until I played Final Countdown, after three tries I had passed it with what I posted. The song really doesn't seem like it's a 7 Star, it seems like it should be a lot less (compared to some of the stuff I've played on 9th Style -L7-. Maybe stuff has just gotten a lot harder?).
It is relatively easy compared to most 7-stars, but it still has some tough patterns that tend to always break combo for me. On the PS2 (and arcade, I'm assuming), it is NOT an easy song to score on at all. Fantasy is a lot harder but I get a better JG ratio... go figure.

I dunno about 9th Style but there are some very difficult L7 songs on 6th... The Strong Jaeger, G2, The Safari, and Get on Beat Wild Style can all take quite a while to pass.
I use Rhythm It, because it felt so odd to hit the keys early on BemaniaDX, but I did use it for a while and got used to it. I downloaded E-Motion (Romantic Style) and I would get around the same scores (really close) on Core Arcade, 6th/Core PSX, Rhythm It, and BemaniaDX, which is why I figured that the timing of the simulators must be pretty close to that of the real deals. 88/8/0/0/0 eh? Nice. :)
Rhythm It? Hmm, dunno what the timing is like on that. I'd like to see what kind of scores I could get on the harder songs on the sims, but I can't play on a keyboard worth a damn.
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

BemaniaDX is quite easy after awhile...although it's a little harder than PS2 for the timing. However, it's not too hard to get the rhythm after awhile...managed to pass Stoic (A) which aint too easy. Forget my score though... best score i ever managed would probably be Abyss...which was somewhere around 1400 i think...maybe 1350? hell if i know. But BUY PS2 AND IIDX!!!.................................................................NOW! :P
and...good luck for T7 Joey.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

gamerya wrote:BemaniaDX is quite easy after awhile...although it's a little harder than PS2 for the timing. However, it's not too hard to get the rhythm after awhile...managed to pass Stoic (A) which aint too easy
Nice Job.
gamerya wrote:But BUY PS2 AND IIDX!!!.................................................................NOW! :P
I have a PS2, I wanted to buy a fliptop, but I'm waiting for the stupid Swap Magic 3 CD + DVD disks to come out. Seems to be taking forever.
gamerya wrote:and...good luck for T7 Joey.
Thanks. Good luck to you too.

BBH - Final Countdown is relatively easy for me since I'm decent at long streams of single keys. Any song with lots of 2+ keys at once in streams I suck horribly at. I really want to get 4th Style for PS2...
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote: BBH - Final Countdown is relatively easy for me since I'm decent at long streams of single keys. Any song with lots of 2+ keys at once in streams I suck horribly at.
Totally understood. It took me quite a while to pass Era Nostalmix 7-Key because it ends with like 30 fast double-key presses, I always paniced during it. And don't get me started on the nightmare that was the end of Schlagwerk Another... but I'm getting better at them, slowly but surely. I still end up failing most of the time on the double scales at the end of Starmine 7-Key, though. :(
I really want to get 4th Style for PS2...
good luck, it's like the rarest of all the home versions. Had to pay $80 + shipping for my copy :\

regarding my progress with IIDX, in the last couple days I passed Colors and Get On Beat (Wild Style), which leaves me with just three songs I haven't passed on 7-Key in all of 3rd-6th: V, Regulus, and The Safari. Of course there are still a *LOT* of Anothers I can't even touch yet... sigh
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

just thought i'd say...GO BEMANI!!! Have you seen Karaoke revolution?? (i know BBH has)...funny stuff...how the hell do you combo a voice 8O
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BBH wrote:
JoeyL21988 wrote: BBH - Final Countdown is relatively easy for me since I'm decent at long streams of single keys. Any song with lots of 2+ keys at once in streams I suck horribly at.
Totally understood. It took me quite a while to pass Era Nostalmix 7-Key because it ends with like 30 fast double-key presses, I always paniced during it. And don't get me started on the nightmare that was the end of Schlagwerk Another... but I'm getting better at them, slowly but surely. I still end up failing most of the time on the double scales at the end of Starmine 7-Key, though. :(
I really want to get 4th Style for PS2...
good luck, it's like the rarest of all the home versions. Had to pay $80 + shipping for my copy :\

regarding my progress with IIDX, in the last couple days I passed Colors and Get On Beat (Wild Style), which leaves me with just three songs I haven't passed on 7-Key in all of 3rd-6th: V, Regulus, and The Safari. Of course there are still a *LOT* of Anothers I can't even touch yet... sigh
Wow, nice job. Colors is awesome. :)

BTW, I'll be borrowing a copy of 4th Style from someone next week (which is when I'll be getting my flip top as well) so I should submit that Final Countdown score for you by around Dec. 2nd/3rd or so.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Alright. The windows seem tighter than Rhythm-It.

Final Countdown 7 Keys
1050; 410-230-137-6-10

I suck. :(
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

haha crap, you've still beaten my score on it! I don't know why I suck so bad at that song, it's still such a struggle just to break 1000.... oh well, good job. Gives me something to shoot for. :)

If you're looking to AAA something, try Nothing Ain't Stopping Us. On my 3rd play ever of it (first time was on L7) I managed to get 228-28-0-0-0, which is like probably my best JG to Greats ratio on anything (except maybe 5.1.1., yawn)

on 4th Style I've AAA'ed some other 7-Key songs too... I think I did North (great song), Sanctus, Love Will..... and then like 8 or 9 songs on Light-7

best thing I've done on there lately is full combo Kamikaze (1190, AA)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BBH wrote:haha crap, you've still beaten my score on it! I don't know why I suck so bad at that song, it's still such a struggle just to break 1000.... oh well, good job. Gives me something to shoot for. :)

If you're looking to AAA something, try Nothing Ain't Stopping Us. On my 3rd play ever of it (first time was on L7) I managed to get 228-28-0-0-0, which is like probably my best JG to Greats ratio on anything (except maybe 5.1.1., yawn)

on 4th Style I've AAA'ed some other 7-Key songs too... I think I did North (great song), Sanctus, Love Will..... and then like 8 or 9 songs on Light-7

best thing I've done on there lately is full combo Kamikaze (1190, AA)
Wow great stuff there. And Kamikaze, :o I'm sure it won't take you long to knock down my 1050. I'll try to get higher when you do. :)

I'm pretty horrible at IIDX to be honest, can only pass (on 4th) all the L7 stuff (first try), and most stuff 6 stars and under first try (except a few, which I still couldn't pass after a few tries, namely Gobble, that end part is argh, I know its a stream, I just can't find a hand position). All 7 star stuff is out of my reach besides Final Count Down, I'm getting closer on Empathy (only played it twice so far).

I tried two courses (on 4th again), failed at Starmine on Happy, and Absolute on Trance.