Mr Driller

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Chad wrote:wow you're really getting 100% with an athlon 1ghz and mrdriller? shiat. also could you say what you do to make the rtsdc cored or not cored? is it a command line option or something else, thanks.
No, i have 100% with default but it's the wrong speed, the correct speed is with RDTSC.

I core RDTSC in the window wolf32 version.

And i can't explain why my pc does this mistake of emulation. I am not programmer ;)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

It's all to do with timing. Whichever option works best depends on your system. Some perform better using QueryPerformanceCounter, and some are better using RDTSC.

QueryPerformanceCounter is a Windows API function used to manage high resolution timers. RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) is a CPU instruction found on Pentium and later (and compatibles) CPUs. RDTSC is the higher resolution as it simply counts the number of cycles since power on. I also use RDTSC to approximate the system's CPU clock speed in WolfMAME.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

If you want to see what i mean, here are two short inps (in the zip file) with and without RDTSC.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D