To Hisa (and Team2ch)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

oh, yea. I guess I didn't look at that too well. :/
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

This is silly :)

Post by roncli »

I've posted some decent Ms.Pac-Man fast scores lately, enough to get first. I know that they suck, though, compared to what my ability is, largely because I'm fumble-fingered on the keyboard and haven't figured out how to get my 8-way pad working as a 4-way. :D

But I would NEVER insult the skills and intelligence of my opponents by saying that my score "sucked" compared to what I can do. The scores I beat are very good scores. Just because I had a "bad" game for me doesn't mean it wasn't a good game.

Funny I found this thread, BBH, because I was thinking the same thing about 2ch. Of course, being the MARP n00b that I am, I wouldn't have said anything. I'm glad someone did.
-roncli
Johnny Galaga
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Galaga '88

Post by Johnny Galaga »

Are there any awesome Galaga '88 players on Novice@TeamSocheap ?
Johnny Galaga. Setting the Standard in Galactic Excellence.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Actually, the question really should be, are there any good Japanese players at Galaga '88. Hisa (Novice@TeamSoCheap) is a single person, but I am sure there are MANY players of the Japanese that are really good at the game, but do not submit to this site. I guess maybe Hisa has a response to this, or.........?
Johnny Galaga
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Johnny Galaga »

So you mean Novice@TeamSocheap consists of only 1 person by the name of "Hisa" ? Well, then I'm impressed !! One person rocks at all those gaymes ? Unbeleiveable.

And speaking of Japanese Galaga '88 players, have you ever noticed that galag88j always defaults to RANK A which is the easiest difficulty level, but sets 1 and 2 default to RANK C, which is noticeably more difficult. That's why I finished galag88j with a shitload more points that the other versions. Maybe Namco dumbed down the Japan version becuase the Japanese people are too busy studying all their rocket science. Just kidding : )

Galaga '88 is my all-time die-hard favorite gayme. It's the only gayme I'm any good at. I've always liked the original, but the first time I played Galaga '88, I was instantly addicted and still am. When I used to beat it in the arcayde rooms, I'd finish with hit-miss ratios to the tune of 105 %.

I'm rusty now, but those sure were the good old days . . .
boxster
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by boxster »

I feel a lot of love in the room. :D

Hehe....
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Ah, another case of "Japan game makers hate us". :) all the team2ch players are all different people, by the way, so you don't get confused, or maybe you weren't in the first place.
Johnny Galaga
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Johnny Galaga »

You feel a lot of love in the room boxter? What do you mean?

And JoeyL21988, is it called Novice@team2ch or Novice@TeamSocheap ? Are these the same team, or 2 different teams ? What do these team names mean? TeamSocheap? What's that all about ? How many people are on the team ? Are they all in Japan ?

I've always wondered why team2ch never posted a galag88j recording. Whoever their Galaga '88 person is, they're an excellent player. It would be some easy extra points. We've been rivaling each other for several months now.

I'd like to make freinds with or at least get acqainted with Team Socheap, if only they would talk on here.

So how does one go about joining a team. Is there a listing of teams somewhere on the net ? Thanks.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

From earlier in this marathon thread:
smame wrote:Team2ch is not a real team. It means just I'm reading 2ch. There are not any other meanings.

What is 2ch?
2ch is the most famous message board in Japan. There are tons message boards life, music, movie, television, shopping, .... and retro-games.

One day, I found mame replay tree in 2ch. There are some awesome replays. Someone finished Salamander with 35500 score. What a low score! I can't beleave. :lol:
I wanted more awesome replays. So I visited the most famous replay site MARP. I loved NinjaKid2, but no-one could finish it in MARP. I was disappointed.
Then I said it in 2ch "I can't play so well. But I can finish NinjaKid2. So I will send it to MARP". Someone followed me, "Let's put @Team2ch on our name!". It is the beggining of Team2ch.

Team2ch doesn't have any rules. And I don't know how many people in Team2ch. There isn't member-list.
Hope this clears it up somewhat, Johnny.

Other than 2ch, all other 'teams' are essentially one-person teams.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
boxster
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by boxster »

[quote="Johnny Galaga"]You feel a lot of love in the room boxter? What do you mean?

It was meant as a joke. It's interesting to see that MARP'ers haven't lost their edge. I've been away from MARP for a while, but it's obvious that its members certainly haven't lost their passion and that things that happen here still have the ability to get people seriously worked up!
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: point counter point

Post by sikraiken »

mahlemiut wrote:What I hate are those that say "I hate this game" or "This game sucks", especially when the score isn't all that impressive.
Does this count when BBH said "this game is pretty dope"? Haha. :P
BBH
Editor

Re: point counter point

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:What I hate are those that say "I hate this game" or "This game sucks", especially when the score isn't all that impressive.
Does this count when BBH said "this game is pretty dope"? Haha. :P
dope = good
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Oh, sorry then, didn't know your meaning to your terminology there. I probably spelled that wrong, oh well.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:Oh, sorry then, didn't know your meaning to your terminology there. I probably spelled that wrong, oh well.
Why would I bash Kiki Kai Kai anyway? How could I harbor Pacman-level hatred for an overhead free-scrolling shooter? 8) it needs a roll button, though.

P.S. your spelling was correct
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

smame wrote:...Someone wrote 'Junk' in his comment line. He tried to say 'If the great player looks my play, he will say it isn't so good. But this is the best of mine'. He didn't say 'I can play better. But this junk inp is enough for MARP'. He had to write 'This is my best', not 'Junk'.
Appears Hisa doesn't mean it that way.
Hisa-Chan wrote:JUNK.just to show "how to play" for total beginners...
Appears someone (Hisa *ahem*) knows their English a bit well now. Not sure about the others, of course. :)