TK2012 / PP

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: TK2012 / PP

Post by Haze »

the way he's submitting recordings using all sorts of old versions of MAME is also suspicious

that's not a 'normal' way of doing things, and IMHO still strongly indicates he's sourcing replays from more than one person and/or is aware of emulation bugs leading to subtle game exploits in certain versions.

his account raises every possible red flag there could be...
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

TK tells me that he used 0.78 for pacgal-fast because the fast feature in not in later versions (I guess that's why it's archived?). Not that that explains any others, however.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=2
then remove his replays and delete comments and boot him and ban
again.we had not better waste time for stupid cheater anymore.

pac man failed again.

period.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

I guess he could be worse, he could be this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e-H4sEHB54

not much in it tho...
francoisadt1
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by francoisadt1 »

Hi Barry

On the pacgal-fast submission, I have played that one back successfully. I also have tested the DIP settings on wolfmame 0.78 to 0.101, and 0.106 and 0.193.

It appears that the DIP switch settings to allow for "Cheat speedup" on the menu is only available from 0.78 till 0.101. On 0.106 till the latest it is not available. I still have to test his "mspacman clone" submission which was played on a most recent version of wolfmame.

I have played back some of his other mspac* clone submissions and they all are fine. I think those "mspac* / pac* clone submission are legit but all the other games where TK2012 and PP are the same user are not.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I would have banned them all a year ago .. I really do not know why it's so hard of a thing to do?
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

TG banning not a casual player, but one of its former referees, for cheating.....why can't MARP do the same with its cheaters...?!? :roll:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_detail ... dd-rogers/
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Maybe when Zwaxy writes a "Ban this user" button. I think it would take altering the scripts to effectively ban someone.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Zero-ing all his/their score won't do the job quite fine as well...?!? :roll:
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

again we're getting Megatouch recorded on 0.140 and Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga recorded on 193, Deluxe 5 on 170...

to my knowledge there's no real reason to use 0.140 for Megatouch (infact the Megatouch emulation has been improved recently)

again, strongly suggests this isn't one player

saulonpb@TeamBrazil should get the same treatement too IMHO because again you've got scores all over the place from different versions, I still don't think that is the account of one person.

these problematic 'people' always follow the same patterns, random MAME versions, spamming the leaderboard for cheap 1st places, playing broken games..
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I know players where banned and all scores where removed a year or so ago ? Why can we not do it here with these ? I do not get that one
Arcade Game Scores
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Cicca wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 am Zero-ing all his/their score won't do the job quite fine as well...?!? :roll:
Zero-ing all these scores doesn't give the absolute certainty that the offending player won't just correct his scores back to whatever it's their base score points.

ETA: but I'm pretty sure this kind of conduct should be corrected ffs :? :

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/a/7/9/xy ... olf193.zip

Also if anybody has any guess about why all his inps have random characters (presumably a file copied and pasted from somewhere else) be my guest.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

why am i seeing both accounts again? I thought the point of moving all the scores so there would only be 1 account?
Arcade Game Scores
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

simpsons99 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 pm why am i seeing both accounts again? I thought the point of moving all the scores so there would only be 1 account?
Because except me, you, and a very few other regular/historical MARPers, nobody here, expecially among the staff, seems to give a f**k anymore about MARP credibility....while everywhere else people work hard to expose cheaters, here they're tolerated, and therefore, encouraged....

It's so damn simple....rule 1.d) (At MARP, only ONE account is allowed per player; if two accounts have the same email or IP address, or anything proves to be created by the same player, only the first account will be kept.) even foresees what to do in case of infringment...so no doubts....no interpretations....just apply it....but nobody seems to have enough courage to do his job, and take the right decisions....
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I completely agree
Cicca wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm
simpsons99 wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:05 pm why am i seeing both accounts again? I thought the point of moving all the scores so there would only be 1 account?
Because except me, you, and a very few other regular/historical MARPers, nobody here, expecially among the staff, seems to give a f**k anymore about MARP credibility....while everywhere else people work hard to expose cheaters, here they're tolerated, and therefore, encouraged....

It's so damn simple....rule 1.d) (At MARP, only ONE account is allowed per player; if two accounts have the same email or IP address, or anything proves to be created by the same player, only the first account will be kept.) even foresees what to do in case of infringment...so no doubts....no interpretations....just apply it....but nobody seems to have enough courage to do his job, and take the right decisions....
Arcade Game Scores