Archive these games -topic

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Re: Archive these games -topic

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:This is not the point. A single game among so others is nothing.
The point is same rules for all, fair competition for all.
Yes, which is why I pointed out this game should not count for leaderboard points, and indeed didn't until a few days ago and then you noticed and submitted. So now it has been banned, so bloody what... as you said it's one game among many. By the way, reverting to name calling etc is far more sissy behaviour than pointing out games that need to be banned.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BeeJay wrote:
PP. wrote: The point is same rules for all, fair competition for all.
Yes, which is why I pointed out this game should not count for leaderboard points, and indeed didn't until a few days ago and then you noticed and submitted.
You problem is that you point out only my games. Fair competition means to point out all similar games.

BeeJay wrote:By the way, reverting to name calling etc is far more sissy behaviour than pointing out games that need to be banned.
Stop act like a sissy then, stop run after me all the time.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

why do you think anyone should be running from you.. You are nothing special
PP. wrote:
BeeJay wrote:
PP. wrote: The point is same rules for all, fair competition for all.
Yes, which is why I pointed out this game should not count for leaderboard points, and indeed didn't until a few days ago and then you noticed and submitted.
You problem is that you point out only my games. Fair competition means to point out all similar games.

BeeJay wrote:By the way, reverting to name calling etc is far more sissy behaviour than pointing out games that need to be banned.
Stop act like a sissy then, stop run after me all the time.
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

simpsons99 wrote:why do you think anyone should be running from you.. You are nothing special
My friend... again you need to learn english.
I said the opposite of what you understood.
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Should this one be archived ?
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/sprint8
9 out of 11 scores submitted are in 1st place (99 pts.).....
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

PP. wrote:
Haze wrote:
So I'll take that as an admission that even you don't think your play on that game was worthwhile.
This is not the point. A single game among so others is nothing.
The point is same rules for all, fair competition for all.
The point is you're part of a community, and you should act in the best interests of the community.

You seem to think this site is about YOU, it is not, it is about a community, a community where people can show off recordings on games that they're proud of, that they think others will find interesting etc.

You are acting against the best interests of the community again and again because you can't understand the site isn't about YOU. You seem to think this site is somehow about proving that you're a winner, and that everybody else is a loser, but the way you're going about it makes you look like the only loser here.

It really doesn't matter if a game temporarily has the wrong status, those who are intelligent enough will realise this and not bother to upload worthless replays for such titles. Those who are stupid will upload them, maybe they temporarily get some points for them, but who cares, it doesn't even matter if they do, we'll just see them as stupid for thinking the site is all about them and eventually the scores will be zeroed, doesn't matter if this is today or in 10 years time.

Every post you make exemplifies this lack of understanding. You are the only one who can't seem to understand this, maybe it is beyond your comprehension. This is why people are really getting fed up with you. Learn, or fuck off, you're really, really not welcome here and this is due to your attitude.
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Haze wrote:The point is you're part of a community, and you should act in the best interests of the community.

You seem to think this site is about YOU, it is not, it is about a community, a community where people can show off recordings on games that they're proud of, that they think others will find interesting etc.

You are acting against the best interests of the community again and again because you can't understand the site isn't about YOU. You seem to think this site is somehow about proving that you're a winner, and that everybody else is a loser, but the way you're going about it makes you look like the only loser here.

It really doesn't matter if a game temporarily has the wrong status, those who are intelligent enough will realise this and not bother to upload worthless replays for such titles. Those who are stupid will upload them, maybe they temporarily get some points for them, but who cares, it doesn't even matter if they do, we'll just see them as stupid for thinking the site is all about them and eventually the scores will be zeroed, doesn't matter if this is today or in 10 years time.

Every post you make exemplifies this lack of understanding. You are the only one who can't seem to understand this, maybe it is beyond your comprehension. This is why people are really getting fed up with you. Learn, or fuck off, you're really, really not welcome here and this is due to your attitude.
At the risk of feeding the troll again, well said Haze. Of course, unfortunately we'll probably get some sort of verbal diarrhea from said troll regardless, but well said anyway good sir!
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:Stop act like a sissy then, stop run after me all the time.
I don't run after you and could care less about you actually. But I will always point out invalid scores etc regardless of who submitted them. The only reason you fell like people are running after you is because of your plethora of crap scores and uploading on everything that moves regardless of quality or effort. Put in less games, and you'll be less of a target, but then with your LBW history that's never going to happen so you'll just have to put up with continuing to feel targeted.

... and in no way is any of that behaviour being a sissy, or whatever other childish name taunting you want to try using on the rest of the Marp community.
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

Hi all.
Although I am not very active lately, as a member of this community, I want to share my thoughts.
I've never cared and I still don't care about the leaderboard. Users polluting MARP with crappy replays is not an issue for me. I simply ignore them and only look at per-game rankings for games I care about. However, I really hate seeing so many useless messages in these forums. That does bother me, because I believe the forums are a very valuable resource. Uploading replays is awesome. Uploading replays and explaining with words the techniques behind the replays is even more awesome. Many times I've seen members here collaborating with each other to improve play techniques and understanding how the games work. I am now seeing the forums taking a very different direction. Instead of sharing valuable information I see it getting overflowed with just crap. I admire all of you who answer politely and try to make sense out of nonsensical messages, but forums are still being polluted. I understand we are human beings and we simply enjoy talking to each other, we share our point of view, we try to win arguments, we go off topic from time to time, etc. but what I see here is beyond my comprehension. I see one particular member (PP.) bringing the worst out of everybody because he's being allowed to insult, demand and address to others disrespectfully. Threads go to hell very quickly repeating the same shit over and over. Maybe something good will eventually come out of this (I like Haze's proposal to make banned games count negative points for the leaderboard) but it got lost very quickly among the crap and wasn't discussed any further.
I think we need to agree on the problem(s) and then discuss how to solve them, otherwise users (myself included) will lose interest in this community. For me, the problem is twofold, a user is being allowed to treat others like shit and pollutes the forums, and the leaderboard with its current scoring encourages specific users to upload junk, which then evolves into forum crap, more junk replays, etc in a vicious circle. Solution, temporarily ban PP. to help him think about his behavior, continue with game archiving, and change LB scoring for archived games to count against the leaderboard as Haze suggested.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

MJS wrote: I've never cared and I still don't care about the leaderboard. Users polluting MARP with crappy replays is not an issue for me. I simply ignore them and only look at per-game rankings for games I care about.
The crappy replays is not our issue. Many players have crarpy replays, even BBH.

How would you feel if a fake replay win your real one, because mods/editors don't do their job? This is the issue.

MJS wrote: However, I really hate seeing so many useless messages in these forums.
I don't think that all these trolls who run after me will hear you. They' ll continue.
They know that anytime they insult me, they' ll have an answer. This fills forum with useless msgs, and also waste my time so nothing remains for gaming...

MJS wrote: For me, the problem is twofold, a user is being allowed to treat others like shit and pollutes the forums, and the leaderboard with its current scoring encourages specific users to upload junk, which then evolves into forum crap, more junk replays, etc in a vicious circle. Solution, temporarily ban PP. to help him think about his behavior
Obviously you are affected by the trollgang. Admin needs to talk, where is he?
"Temporarily"?? No of course not, what will change after a couple of weeks or months? Will site be fair to all? That's the point.
We need admin to take a stand.
Last edited by PP. on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Cicca wrote:Should this one be archived ?
Some of you suggest games to be archived without play them, just watching the scoreboard...
This game (sprint8) is extremely difficult. Most of players will never make 99, even if they try for months.
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

PP. wrote:
Cicca wrote:Should this one be archived ?
Some of you suggest games to be archived without play them, just watching the scoreboard...
This game (sprint8) is extremely difficult. Most of players will never make 99, even if they try for months.
You didn't played it either....so what's the problem with you...?!
If you just read, before writing:
The TJT wrote:.......
You can list here games that should be archived, and why.
...Reasons being such as too easy to maximize score, having multiple first places at same game, game only tests luck etc...
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

Here's another game which looks like it could do with archiving:

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/wcbowl14

There are currently only three scores submitted, but all three are perfect 300 maximum scores so it definitely looks like a candidate for archiving.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Yeah, too easy. :?
There's a specific spot that you can exploit for an easy strike, especially with stick or keyboard.

By a quick glance wcbowl and clones are identical, except they doesn't appear to be in MARP database for whatever reason.
Attachments
wcbowl14_300_wolf189.zip
(77.11 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

looks like he's pushing for a site-wide ban...