Team MARP - IGBY 2016 - Game Voting

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zerstorung
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Team MARP - IGBY 2016 - Game Voting

Post by Zerstorung »

Fordy wrote:if I was allowed a fourth choice it would have to be one of the Cave shmups don't care which as they are all fun.
You are; you get 8 votes and they are ranked to add 8,7,6, etc points to the voting.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Metamorphic Force [metamrphj] (nominated 3x) --- strong players: PG3, TRB, BBH, RAX, nii-san, Sawys, Zerstorung. (maybe: essekappa, INNUENDO, Fordy)
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs [dino or dinoj] (nominated x2) --- strong players: PG3, Innuendo, essekappa, RedStar, Sawys. (maybe: RAX, TRB)
Ghouls'n Ghosts
Ketsui
Mushihimesama (Original) (CPU-intensive, may not work for tourney but would be fun)
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior [sf2] --- strong players: BBH, INNUENDO, TRB, RedStar. (maybe: RAX, Barthax, Gaplus)
Shinobi
Gaplus
Long life to good games
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

I've added a private forum that can only be accessed by IGBY 2016 Team MARP members at viewforum.php?f=28
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I know this is going to sound biased, but I am definitely of the opinion that it's to the benefit of our team that we get at least one fighting game in. Between myself, TRB, INNUENDO, RedStar, etc... I think we can put very solid scores up. I am also all for including fighting games because it really tends to annoy people that don't like playing anything made after 1985. And since some of the other teams are going to nominate some garbage that pisses me off, I want to piss them off back. Like I said, I know I'm sounding really silly and biased here!

1. Street Fighter II - The World Warrior
2. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
3. Blue's Journey
4. Over Top (will the website be setup to take time-based scores? or would we be using an alternate scoring system?)
5. Atomic Runner Chelnov
6. Chiki Chiki Boys
7. Ketsui (I'm not very good at this but am willing to learn)
8. Undercover Cops

random notes regarding other games:

* Atomic Runner Chelnov and Chelnov Atomic Runner are on the list as duplicate games, lol.
* Mushi Futari is unplayable for me, there are lots of speed dips. I would imagine that there will be other players that are going to have this problem too, so I would absolutely advise against allowing this game in a tournament. Regular Mushihime-sama is on different hardware and runs a lot better.
* Metamorphic Force, if we were to vote it in, should absolutely be the Japanese version. One of the worst changes in the US version is the change in the scoring system, there would most definitely be players winding up with tie scores which never looks good in a tournament.
* Vendetta has a bad scoring system that will result in even more ties too.
* Trio the Punch has a scoring system where anybody that finishes the game on one credit ends up with the exact same score (2,351,400). There's a 3-way tie of this on MARP. I'm not sure how many players would be able to finish it but I don't think a game where multiple players get the exact same 1st place score is a good idea.
* Outzone - I'm pretty good at it but am afraid of having to play a long multi-loop game. I'm not sure how many players would be capable of this.
* Zerst please don't make me play Armed Police Batrider, I refuse
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

GUYS, I'm so sorry. I'm changing my list. This is the final one.

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior [sf2] --- strong players: BBH, INNUENDO, TRB, RedStar. (maybe: RAX, Barthax, Gaplus)
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs [dino or dinoj] (nominated x2) --- strong players: PG3, Innuendo, essekappa, RedStar, Sawys. (maybe: RAX, TRB)
Chelnov - Atomic Runner
Metamorphic Force [metamrphj] (nominated 3x) --- strong players: PG3, TRB, BBH, RAX, nii-san, Sawys, Zerstorung. (maybe: essekappa, INNUENDO, Fordy)
Mushihimesama (Original) (CPU-intensive, may not work for tourney but would be fun)
Ketsui
Shinobi
Green Beret
Long life to good games
Shahbaz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Shahbaz »

The result of Chelnov, I hope will be the 1st from Marp Team :)

Games decided from the players list:-

1. Chelnov (Atomic Runner World rom set)

2. Shinobi

3. Cadillac & Dinosaurs

4. Chiki Chiki Boys

5. J.J. Sqwakers

... Or I will try to play the decided games by Marp Players. Good Luck.
Fordy
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Fordy »

Ok if I am allowed up to 8 votes here are the rest:

4) Street Fighter 2 - the world warrior - because I completely agree with BBH, no other team will like it!!
5) Ketsui - I like Cave shooters so why not
6) Cadillacs and Dinosaurs - guaranteed first place on this one.
7) Blues Journey - tough game, but fun
8) FixEight - only because I have been playing it lately
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

It doesn't sound biased at all Matt. Just common sense! Personally, I suck at fighters and really hate to play them but if it helps the team, it is the best way to go! So I fully agree with you there. Besides, there will be other games for me as an individual to play anyway :)
QRS
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

And since some of the other teams are going to nominate some garbage that pisses me off, I want to piss them off back.
Hahaha! BBH, can I say that I agree? I agree! 8)
4. Over Top (will the website be setup to take time-based scores? or would we be using an alternate scoring system?)
Not sure, but I think we can use the same MARP score system. The same for Ninja Master, as time.
Zerst please don't make me play Armed Police Batrider, I refuse
So, you can play Turbo Force, or Grobda 8) 8) 8)

Out Zone is very good, and I like it. However infinite loops can be a problem. In the other hand, other teams can choose marathonable games, no? :)
About Metamorphic Force, I prefer the random 10k stuff than the Konami stupid score system (1,2,3...). So Japanese is better.
Chelnov I never played seriously. Same for King of Dragons. However, I can help a bit in those games.

Aero Fighters was nominated, but Sonic Wings is a banned game. That need to be excluded.
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Thank you George,

Cameltry (because it's probably most fun for everyone. Strong players: at least I and QRS should be pretty unbeatable... Dan is good too. "Special Course")
Track & Field (well, doh)
Scramble (Stern)
Exerion

That's it. :)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

We're supposed to submit our Team game selections to Wolfman24 today, so if you haven't voted for games yet please do so without delay. Right now it's looking like we'll be going with a lineup of more "recent" games, but for those that prefer older "classics", don't worry. I'm sure other teams will be selecting a number of them and everybody will have some games they like in the competition.

Wolfman24 has confirmed that each team will have 3 game selections, so I'm I'm planning to take the games with the top 3 votes by end of day (Eastern Time = GMT+4) and send those to Wolfman as well as a couple of alternates in case there are problems with any games.

Wolfman has confirmed that we do not have to limit our game selections to games available at RetroUprising.

If there is a tie in votes, I'll pick the game that had more players voting for it.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

INNUENDO wrote: Shinobi
You have no mercy :D
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

destructor wrote:
INNUENDO wrote: Shinobi
You have no mercy :D
LOL

I wish to play it so well like you, Des. :)
Long life to good games