Yolympics 2016

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: Yolympics 2016

Post by Cicca »

Since the tournament is under the TG flag, I guess it has to be uploaded there....
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

You should be able to submit it on the site and this isnt a tg contest
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Marco, If you want to "play" the tournament at MARP you'll need to do a two step process. You can submit the scores to MARP and then you will also need to "submit" the score on the tournament site (http://tournaments.twingalaxies.com/#/e ... pics2/main). You can't only submit the score to MARP, you need to also fil out the submission form on the tournament site.

When you submit to the tournament site you'll be able to give a link to the INP file you submitted to MARP. You should also take a screenshot of the final score (use F12) and submit that to the tournament site as well. If you streamed your game (not required) there will also be a submission field where you can link to your stream highlight.

For the tournament if you are using MAME you can use WolfMAME .106, WolfMAME .169 or you can play the games at retrouprising.com. Please do not use other WolfMAME versions.

Technically INPs aren't required unless you have an overall top 5 score on a game, but for MARPers I'd certainly encourage everyone to record and submit all play in WolfMAME since there's really no reason not to and everybody here already knows how.
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Pardon me for having misunderstood....but since you must have a TG account in order to register to the Yolimpics 2016, it's easy to assume that it's a TG tournament.... :|
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Wolfman, not that I really really wonder, but, on Puzzle Bobble 2 can we play the puzzle levels in "Another World" mode also, during the tournament?
Zhorik wrote:When you submit to the tournament site you'll be able to give a link to the INP file you submitted to MARP.
So the tournament page doesn't accept INP but only links to INPs? Meaning that the INP must be loaded elsewhere? (MARP, TG, etc.)
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

giro-X wrote:
Zhorik wrote:When you submit to the tournament site you'll be able to give a link to the INP file you submitted to MARP.
So the tournament page doesn't accept INP but only links to INPs? Meaning that the INP must be loaded elsewhere? (MARP, TG, etc.)
You have to submit or upload all INPs, videos or screenshots to another site before submitting then you post a link to your evidence when submitting on the tournament site. Most people use something like MARP or dropbox for posting INPs, imgur for screenshots, and youtube or twitch for steams of videos. When posting on another site please make sure the site isn't password protected (that was a problem with some submissions last year)!

-George
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

giro-X wrote:Wolfman, not that I really really wonder, but, on Puzzle Bobble 2 can we play the puzzle levels in "Another World" mode also, during the tournament?
I discussed this with Wolfman. You can't play the puzzle levels in "Another World" mode during the tournament. A special rule stating "No Codes" has been added for the game on the tournament site.

Thanks,
George
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Zhorik wrote:
giro-X wrote:
You have to submit or upload all INPs, videos or screenshots to another site before submitting then you post a link to your evidence when submitting on the tournament site. Most people use something like MARP or dropbox for posting INPs, imgur for screenshots, and youtube or twitch for steams of videos. When posting on another site please make sure the site isn't password protected (that was a problem with some submissions last year)!
I misspoke. Wes Copeland has enhanced the tournament site since the last tournament and it now supports the direct upload of attachments for screenshots and zipped INP files. You also have the option of uploading to MARP then just giving a link to your MARP replay in your tournament submission.

-George
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

gates are open good luck to all players and teams
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

Let's go!!! Good luck for everybody!

I'm sad because all my friends from Brazil and others are in different teams, hahaha.
Long life to good games
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

My SSF2T INP is here, because I don't want edit my previous (higher) submission.
TRB_ssf2t_1744500_w169
Attachments
TRB_ssf2t_1744500_w169.zip
(541.28 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

1 week intil yolympics and already 1247 scores

verizontal in the lead with 1617 points
true champions in 2nd with 1474 points
better off fred in 3rd with 1401 points
and puma men in 4th with 1374 points
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

It's being a great competition. Good luck everyone!
http://tournaments.twingalaxies.com/#/e ... pics2/main
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

Thanks for everybody that played and helped out in making this the best contest I hosted.
Congrats to BBH, The Pro, and Zerst for taking the top 3. Congrats to our co champions Better Off Fred and Verizontal.
Time for the Yolympics Feedback
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JelJgI ... A/viewform