LEGEND OF HERO TONMA NEW WORLD RECORD

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

LEGEND OF HERO TONMA NEW WORLD RECORD

Post by PAC-MAN »

This record was set in 1989, 24 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!! and now I've beaten.;)

Link: http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~slunk/GAMES.pdf

Old Record:

New Record:
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: LEGEND OF HERO TONMA NEW WORLD RECORD

Post by GHEMANT »

Sorry Pac, but where is the inp?

Please use Marp forum to show your replay because ~slunk/GAMES.pdf is a document worthless because the author copy all top scores from various documents on the web, without know if that scores are real or fake, without discern scores made with rules or not. In that pdf there are tons of fake scores, TAS, scores made with NO DEFAULT SETTINGS, score published on the web without check, no differences between multiple versions of the games, etc.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

ghemant , I disagree at this point , 2 reasons :
a) most of the inps are in marp : inps from BBH,
Last edited by PAC-MAN on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

Phil Lamat , PAC, ...

b) Where are all the japanese world records inps of arcadia o gamest list ?
Last edited by PAC-MAN on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Gamest / Arcadia records are made in game center only, no mame replay, and all scores are certificate from Arcadia staff from 1986. You can know all scores if you buy this magazine every month. I have all these magazines (208+160 issues). All these scores are real and confirmed 100%. But there is a problem. Japanese scores have japanese rules. Marp's scores have marp's rules. TG score have TG rules. And often the scores are not comparable.

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~slunk/GAMES.pdf

About this pdf document I can say: this document is ridiculous because: NO RULES AND NO KNOWLEDGE from the author about arcade hi-scores. There are scores from web WITHOUT checking from the author with scores made with default and not default settings, with cheats, with a clones games and not original. A mixture of scores with different rules, different settings, different versions from various sources (old database, and document not official).

-
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I have 960,000 listed from Gamest/Arcadia as previously mentioned. There is also a 977,400 score listed using autofire and whatever "Maycom Score" means (I'm sure Gemant knows). And arcade games don't generate INPs, either.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

Some exemple:

Some score in pdf are from Gamest database. Why only some scores and not all? Are random? And again... scores from Gamest are copied from my very old gamest database made in 2002~2004, my first work about arcade hi-score. I made it 8 years ago, with mistakes, and difficult of translation from japanese. That database is obsolete with at least 60% of scores outclassed.

Other scores are copied from web, forums, sites, documents, mame replay site etc. Where is the checking?

1997 DoDonPachi 753 819 200 “Aichi-ken” (15/10/2001) (E)

This is a TAS replay (tool assisted).

1994 Rayforce (aka Gunlock) 16 800 000 “Randorama” (21/5/2008)

fake score.

I can continue with other 1.000 exemples.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

mahlemiut wrote:I have 960,000 listed from Gamest/Arcadia as previously mentioned. There is also a 977,400 score listed using autofire and whatever "Maycom Score" means (I'm sure Gemant knows). And arcade games don't generate INPs, either.
960,000 is the actual top score in Gamest / Arcadia database.

977,000 is the actual top score in Micom magazine. Micom magazine is a other japanese magazine (closed in 1999). 98% of Micom database are the same of Gamest, but are 2 different magazine, so rare times the same player published a score in gamest only or Micom only and not in both.

These score are made in original arcade cabinet, 24 years ago. Obviously these are real arcade play and not mame (mame exist from 1998).

But PAC, you must answer my question. Why your new score appear in a useless pdf document wihtout rules instead appear in marp forum?
Last edited by GHEMANT on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

The most important thing is this:

TG scores are real. You can't see a replay or video BUT there are some peoples (TG staff / referee) with knowledge of the game. Them check / verify all scores. If you made a score with cheat or different rules from TG, your score is disqualify.

Marp is the same and replay is public. Also in this case there are some peoples that checking / verify the scores.

Arcadia is the same. But as for TG scores them aren't public. Also in Japan there are some peoples with knowledge that verify rules and settings.
PAC-MAN
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by PAC-MAN »

I understand that, but my question is where I can put my inp to be confirmed? I use autofire, and I cant submit my inp in MARP. And I dont want put my INP in a forum. So, I repeat, where I'm supposed to put my INP? Now, my INP has been confirmed by two very important persons: ZID and Chris Horrocks. I think that is proof enough!
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

PAC-MAN wrote:I understand that, but my question is where I can put my inp to be confirmed? I use autofire, and I cant submit my inp in MARP. And I dont want put my INP in a forum. So, I repeat, where I'm supposed to put my INP? Now, my INP has been confirmed by two very important persons: ZID and Chris Horrocks. I think that is proof enough!
I have the solution. Because Marp and TG not accept score made with autofire, you can send your inp on japanese channel. When I made a replay with autofire I send on Afterburners site, is a famous japanese project with high visibility in arcade gaming community:

http://replayburners.web.fc2.com/index.html

This site have a famous and super good you tube channel (AFB, the administrator, convert inp in video):

http://www.youtube.com/user/ReplayBurners

I can upload your inp with your name and write the comment in japanese for you.
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

Thank you Ghemant for the update PDF. Your work is very useful.
And i'm proud because i make a little appearance.
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
ben.shinobi
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by ben.shinobi »

PAC-MAN wrote:I understand that, but my question is where I can put my inp to be confirmed? I use autofire, and I cant submit my inp in MARP. And I dont want put my INP in a forum.
Why don't you want to put your inp in the forum ???
Many players would be happy to see this replay.
I can't understand player who want his score at the top of a high score list and who doesnt want to show his performance !!!
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

No problem about this because Pac have accepted to send his score on Afterburners site with youtube channel :) .

But there is a problem: this score is not a WR because Pac use a pattern to leech until the end of the time, and this replay is not ALL CLEAR. In Japan is necessary finish the game and the current top Jap (977.000) is ALL CLEAR. Finish the game is the most important thing in Japan. So at the end of the game you must stopped leech and calculate the exact time remaining to finish the game. Because Pac want compare his score with top japan, him must try again. When a new replay will be ready, I'll can send to Afterburners site.