f1gpstr2

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

mahlemiut wrote:It played back only without -override, but was fine otherwise.
So it played back using my forced settings.

1.What is the default, -override or not?
2.If -override is default, how you disable it?
3. GUI and CLI default settings are identical?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The TJT wrote:1.What is the default, -override or not?
Not.
The TJT wrote:2.If -override is default, how you disable it?
-nooverride
The TJT wrote:3. GUI and CLI default settings are identical?
They should be, but as we all know from -cheat, they aren't always. That being said, there is no default for -override under the GUI, nor can it be set through the GUI.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

ok i get a different place it goes out of synch when i use -override but it still goes out of sync at the third lap, is that the only thing you did to get it to playback? When i use -nooverride it goes out of synce in the same place as when i use nothing so that tells me -nooverride is the default?

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... xlines=999
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Chad wrote:ok i get a different place it goes out of synch when i use -override but it still goes out of sync at the third lap, is that the only thing you did to get it to playback? When i use -nooverride it goes out of synce in the same place as when i use nothing so that tells me -nooverride is the default?
Correct.

You'll know if -override is in effect as a warning is displayed in the console.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: f1gpstr2

Post by Phil Lamat »

Dick Moreland has sent me by mail some inputs to test.
As I got "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" when I try to answer him, here are my comments:

4:07 on gb (submitted on Marp) playbacks ok
4:08 on za (submitted on Marp) playbacks CONSISTENTLY only with noautoframeskip+frameskip 0
4:06 on gb doesn't playback for me either

I suspect you're using GUI, and your settings are "draw every frame" but still with "automatic" checked ;
try to uncheck "automatic", and keep "draw every frame".
Make another tries, I hope it will playback consistently then
(if you record in automatic I suspect it can lose somehow the constant frameskipping ; that probably happened when you've recorded the 3rd inp ; that probably happened too when you've tried to pb the za inp, but luckily this one seems to have been recorded without any "incident" so I manage to play it back consistently by forcing fs 0 everytime)
dickmoreland
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by dickmoreland »

Not sure why my email came back as undeliverable. I haven't changed anything and your first emails made it without any problems? Anyways, I have one more score for the au track that I am going to submit and then I am moving onto another game. Very frustrating spending so much time trying to get a score that plays back.

I checked my settings and I did not have Automatic checked so I don't think that's the problem.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

dickmoreland wrote: I have one more score for the au track that I am going to submit
Playbacks fine

dickmoreland wrote: I checked my settings and I did not have Automatic checked so I don't think that's the problem.
Mmmm ... strange ; when I playback your inp, with F11 I see "auto 0".
If you were recording with -noafs -fs 0 I would see "fs 0"
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Having automatic on can be hit or miss. If automatic just happens to keep frameskipping at 0 all the way you are fine, but you are not guaranteed this will happen. And all certain games and mame need is one frame to be skipped (caused by winamp or the OS or the task manager) and the inp becomes corrupt.

I'm fairly certain, if you are in playback mode, you are always using the frameskipping settings of the playback machine not the record machine.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Chad wrote: I'm fairly certain, if you are in playback mode, you are always using the frameskipping settings of the playback machine not the record machine.
I've done the test, and you're right.
I was thinking that frameskipping used for recording was saved in the inp file, apparently it is not.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I attach Dik's 4:06.52 on the gb track that I never could get to play back (desyncs at beginning of lap 3).
Maybe someone will be luckier than me ...
Attachments
dik-f1gpstr2-gb-7753480.zip
(23.38 KiB) Downloaded 127 times