Wolfmamescore

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Wolfmamescore

Post by NotMan »

Sorry to bring this thread up, but I can't help notice this replay.

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/f/5/3/gn ... ame129.zip

There is no link for this unofficial wolfmamescore version? Due the dumb MARP' s rules: Any recording with 1st place score must be recorded on official WolfMame versions only. Otherwise that replay may have to be zeroed unless if we debate about that we should or should not accept Wolfmamescore as part of the official Wolfmame version.

Feel free to say any opinions about it whenever we should accept Wolfmamescore version or not.

NotMan
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Wolfmamescore

Post by destructor »

In my opinion official knows official, no other wolf clones for 1st. I'm not sure that inp from not official wolf will be playback with no problem on official wolf.
GNU
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by GNU »

Hi guys,

here is a link to the version i used. I wasn't aware that i had to put the link in my comment. The input should playback with the official wolfmame version.

http://www.arcadehits.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6375

I won't be very helpfull in technical problems... All i can say is that this version is built on official Wolfmame and offers a "32" interface (not sure if the terms i use are very clear). Sawys would explain it better than i do. I could also join the author (Louthrax) and ask him to give you the explaination you want, let me know.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Personally, I have no issue if it is simply WolfMAME based off of MAMEUI. Not really any different than a version based on SDLMAME.

Also, I've had no problems playing back the few INPs I've tried that are created by it.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Does it playback using official wolfmame then?
GNU
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by GNU »

The TJT wrote:Does it playback using official wolfmame then?
It does. My inputs are replayed by confirmers using official Wolfmame, and i also confirm inputs made with official Wolfmame.
mahlemiut wrote:Personally, I have no issue if it is simply WolfMAME based off of MAMEUI. Not really any different than a version based on SDLMAME.
Also, I've had no problems playing back the few INPs I've tried that are created by it.
I checked : it's Wolfmame (with inpview) + MAMEUI
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Uh...Skito!
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

my opinion is nothing should be dared recorded in an unofficial wolfmame version when you are shooting for 1rst place as the rules indicate, but if the unofficial wolfmame contains all the wolfmame stuff and doesn't try to loophole around the protections AND the recording happens to playback it should be ok. on the docket::: I need to try to play this back, and also check to see if you can cheat with wolfmamescore.
-skito
GNU
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by GNU »

Sorry about that Chad, i did not mean to give you some extra work...
Tell me if you need some more precisions from the build maker (Louthrax).