Great fruit-finish :mrgreen:
When you get to the end, after i kill off the 4 lives on board 142,
watch what happens on the next demo-screen :P
mspac_21jun08_941k_141.rar
(336.22 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
941k-recap.GIF
941k-recap.GIF (105.63 KiB) Viewed 4231 times
:twisted:
Last edited by PacWhiz on Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: Ms. Pac•Man... PeRfEcT GaMe!!!

Post by Chad »

vert nice recording and way trippy about what happens after! i guess too bad for the next person standing with a quarter... oh i guess you can always pull the plug.
-skito
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

wow, look at all those bananas and pears!

you seem to get that type of distribution almost every game....much higher than the "probable" average.

boards 14-18....holy banana pacman! :D
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

Chad wrote:vert nice recording and way trippy about what happens after! i guess too bad for the next person standing with a quarter... oh i guess you can always pull the plug.
Haha trippy yeh but if you press 5 and then 1 to start the next game, it will play normally :)
Anyway it won't happen on the actual arcade game... it's a Mame thing :wink:
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

LN2 wrote:wow, look at all those bananas and pears!
Well, you really do need an above-average distribution to reach 900k, even with 141 boards sometimes. I've never had 48 pears before until the above game tho! 42 was the most previously. As for bananas, 35 out of 268 total randoms (13%) is fairly average; it was the pear amount that was paramount in bringing up the average 8)
My banana-record is 43 btw.
LN2 wrote:you seem to get that type of distribution almost every game....much higher than the "probable" average.
I do have lots of low average games, and even the one above isn't that much above average.
I consider 5,000 per board to be 'average'; and i usually start calculating from board 21 (the first 'slow-board'). With 112 more slow boards until board 133, that's 560,000. So on average you would have 300-315 after board 21, meaning 860-875,000 after completing board 133.
At FunSpot this year, i even got an 847,310 into board 134 where i died. Horrible score really!
The fruit distribution may just look more impressive than it is, because i have been playing Mame versions which always continue until board 141, which usually produces 900k games.
Also, with bad-average games, i get killed a lot in the latter stages thru tiredness & lack of motivation. In a game with a consistently high number of bananas & pears, i will bend over backwards to reach the killscreen levels when it looks like the score will be big, tired or not lol :mrgreen:
LN2 wrote: boards 14-18....holy banana pacman! :D
But it didn't last very long, and no bananas for 30 boards after that! 8O
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Hi Aart! Nice replay!

How many of these "perfect" (perfect eat, no deaths to kill) games have you ever had total? With fruit being random, it might be interesting if TG tracked the "fastest" perfect ms-pac game like they do pac-man.

Cheers,
George
PacWhiz
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by PacWhiz »

Zhorik wrote:Hi Aart! Nice replay!

How many of these "perfect" (perfect eat, no deaths to kill) games have you ever had total? With fruit being random, it might be interesting if TG tracked the "fastest" perfect ms-pac game like they do pac-man.

Cheers,
George
Hi George! Thx! :P
How's it going?

I've had 1 other "perfect" (perfect eat, no deaths to killscreen) game on the Arcade version, on October 11, 1990 in Scheveningen, The Netherlands: 890,680 after 133, reset at 134.
Also, my no-deaths killscreen-run of 885,920 at FunSpot this year was possibly a perfect game, but somehow i seem to recall having missed a fruit or a ghost (hope i'm wrong!), Mark Alpiger has the video of it so i'm anxiously awaiting its (re)viewing!

In Mame I've played several ks games where all fruit & ghosts were chomped but i died 1, 2 or 3 times #-o. The 941k game was my one and only perfect Mame-run (so far) :mrgreen:

Cool idea about the separate tracking on TG... wonder if they'd go for it :D

Ciao4now ;)
~Aart