MARP Election 2007 - Call for Nominations

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

It's time to nominate coordinators for 2008.

Please submit nominations for the following positions:

Regulation Coordinator
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

Tournament Coordinator
- May reject a game for the tournament for any good reason.
- May choose the final x games of the tournament at any point up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change the games after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- May set any rule for the tournament as long as the spirit of the tournament remains intact up to seven days in advance of the beginning of the tournament. He may change rules after this point only by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run that meeting.
- Must enforce the rules of the tournament at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the tournament before and after the tournament.

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.

Week Challenge Championship (WCC) Coordinator
- Organize and run the Week Challenge Championship

Olympiad Coordinator
- Organize and run the MARP Olympiad

Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition

Nomination rules:

1. Nominations of coordinators will last from November 15, 00:00 GMT to November 21, 23:59 GMT.

2. Any member may nominate himself or any other member during this time period. Either publicly state your nomination on this thread, or email or PM me.

3. If a member is nominated, that person must either publicly state on this thread their intention to run for the nominated position, or email or PM me their intention. (My e-mail is gastrainga2001@yahoo.com)

4. A member must have submitted his/her first recording before July 1 2007 in order to qualify as a coordinator. (NOTE: There is no minimum length of membership or activity requirement in order to nominate somebody else).

5. Any editor may be a coordinator. The same person cannot hold regulation, knockout or tournament coordinator positions.

6. Failure to announce intention of running by November 24, 23:59 GMT will be considered rejection of the nomination.

7. I will report the current state of nominations/acceptations/rejections on this thread once a day.

8. If there are no nominations for the Tournament, WCC, Olympiad or Time Trial Coordinator positions, those positions will be treated as "dead" until somebody decides to resurrect them.

Please only accept a nomination if you are committed to fulfilling its responsibilities!

Election voting will begin on December 1, 00:00 GMT and will end on December 10, 23:59 GMT. In addition to electing coordinators, voting will include Editor confidence votes.

See http://marp.retrogames.com/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

OK - who's been complaining throughout this tournament...

Sikraiken, Gastrainga(Zhorik), LN2, BBH, Notman

All Americans, ironically enough, but the truth is the truth, and you are all nominated for the knockout coordination. You all seem to know how a tournament should be run, so let's see all of you put up or shut up. If there is anybody who who's been complaining that you know of, let's put them on the campaign trail too.

Yes, there are some people that I just listed who previously coordinated. To that end, I quote Ghosts And Goblins last part of its ending: "Return to starting point! Challenge again!"
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Nope, I'm declining that nomination. I was going to make a below-the-belt jab about how I'd rather play in a good tournament first before running another, but then I decided against saying that. (although I guess I sort of just did?)

Like hell I'm going to involve myself in one when people are apparently holding grudges against me. I'll let time cool that off.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

George asked me not to hijack this thread, so I made an entirely new one instead.

I have to decline that nomination. As it was this tournament, I didn't even have time to play the games. I definitely don't have time to help organize a tournament.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

No thanks, Gb9! I decline for any nominations for KO coordinator. I already have done one, last year. K5 tourney. Don't have time to do another one, because I ran out of game selections.

Complaints about K6 tourney. You better read the next thread that Sik wrote, GB9.
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Let me say a little thought, my two cents about future tournaments in MARP.
Last edition of Tournament , WCC and Olympiads and have been played by very few people: could we think about taking a pause for them in 2008 and concentrate MARPer's efforts in next Knock-Out 7 only?
As someone stated (i dont' remember who), MARP Tournament is very similar to TG-Deca. The KO is definitely the strongest tournament for this site. I propose to concentrate on this.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

gameboy9 wrote:OK - who's been complaining throughout this tournament...

Sikraiken, Gastrainga(Zhorik), LN2, BBH, Notman
excuse me? all I did was point out how limited time I had to play those first few weeks.

I was not even going to participate...knowing I had little to no time..but somehow managed to get convinced to enter anyway. It ended up being frustrating as I expected cuz I am good at all 3 of the early games that were selected.

simple as that. I didn't post one more thing about it after the opening rounds. I never complained about the game selection etc. just that I had no time to play and set any scores.
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

You know what Rick? You're right. You're the one we have the least beef on, if we had any at all, but the timing of the tournament was why you were listed.

I take back what I said for you only. I still nominate you if you want to try it out.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
Kaiser
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Kaiser »

I vote for Zhorik, Zlk, Gemant for K7 coordinators... Zlk don't complain :twisted:
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

k7....beijing 2008,one world one dream.....
I'm a chinese boy.I just like "NO MISS ALL",but not always the scores
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Nominations so far (accepted nominations are bolded, rejected nominations are underlined)

Knockout Coordinator:
GHEMANT
LN2
pat33999
Chufoglu/Potante
Zhorik/gastrainga
zlk
BBH
NotMan
Phil Lamat
Sikraiken
Last edited by Zhorik on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

mmxx wrote:k7....beijing 2008,one world one dream.....
Interesting idea. However to make an effective nomination you need to name a specific player. Do you want to nominate yourself as a coordinator for K7?
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

I nominate for KO coordinators Potante, Gemant, Zlk.
I agree with RAX, only one big contest for the 10th anniversay of MARP
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

I'm declining my nomination for k7, and for any other tournament.
For WCC, as almost nobody play last one, I had told in a previous post to consider it as dead.
At least I won't run another one, but maybe someone is interested.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I accept for K7. I hope also ZLK accept.