K6 - Round 2 - Tinkle Pit

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I'd say the older the MAME version, the more likely those issues are to surface. That being said, I still haven't had a single problem with it.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
xanadu71
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by xanadu71 »

I have some random frustating resets. I played it hundred of times in a JVRM tournament and never had a problem.

Maybe Wolfmame 106 ?

Each time, it had reseted, it was when i move my stick in one or another direction. I have a Hotrod.

Any idea ?

PS : Don't worry Mjsty, i'll post soon :wink:
"Bury me with my money", Simon GREEDWELL from "SUNSET RIDERS" / Xanadu71=LeClaqueurFou
http://www.twitch.tv/xanadugcp WR attempts, follow me !
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

xanadu71 wrote:I played it hundred of times in a JVRM tournament and never had a problem.
Uh oh... it was nice playing with you all guys! haha
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Code: Select all

1.675.590 - 11. Sikraiken (USA)
He was the first player to beat my score, so normally he must have the special prize bonus.

Cheers.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

Maybe Wolfmame 106 ?

Each time, it had reseted, it was when i move my stick in one or another direction. I have a Hotrod.
I've had it reset using both a Hotrod SE and an X-Arcade panel, and it has reset on both my computers (both are Windows XP, although I think one is pro the other is home).
I'd say the older the MAME version, the more likely those issues are to surface. That being said, I still haven't had a single problem with it.
I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. I've seen some instances where games and/or features that were running fine in older versions have destabilized in later versions.

All I can say right now is that playing several games on both 106 and 101, I got resets a fairly large percentage on the time on 106, but have yet to experience one using 101. So based on that, if I may ask the tournament coordinators again, can I please submit using Wolfmame 101?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The basic difference that I can see between 0.101 and 0.106, is that in 0.101, the MCU is simulated, and in 0.106, it is emulated. The NA-2 MCU (C70) is still simulated currently (ie: the MCU code has not yet been dumped).
- Barry Rodewald
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

I've had it...I am NOT playing this game on Wolfmame 106 any more. The reset ratio is at least 1 out of 3 on average for me :evil: :evil: :evil:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Just out of curiosity, is your c69.bin valid? (use -verifyroms or the GUI's Audit function to check)
- Barry Rodewald
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

dbh wrote:I've had it...I am NOT playing this game on Wolfmame 106 any more. The reset ratio is at least 1 out of 3 on average for me :evil: :evil: :evil:
Strange. I haven't had this problem at all.

But hey coordinators, why not give Donald mercy here!

----

BTW, after couple of games of tinklpit I thought I'm 30 years too old for this game. :twisted:
...But actually it's very fun game. Surprisingly good gameplay, addicting. The only downfall is that it's patterned. But yeah, a very pleasant surprise from early 90's with 80's gameplay. :)
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

I'm not against using wolf 0.101 if it solve the problem but marco didn't answer my mail and pete proposed using wolf 0.101 or wol 0.116 if it could help.

I can't decide alone but i think that you should try with wolf 101 and give us the results. Personnaly i never had problem with this game when i played on it ???

I had similary problem using wolf 83 in the same folder than later versions on various games (005...)
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

this game is awful.

sometimes the blue pod start without any button pression and combo is lost :evil:

sometimes some enemies change pattern random. You can play 100 times in the same mode and in 101 play these enemies change :evil: :?: .

Some bonus appear random, you continue with your combo line and before of finish it, appear a stupid bonus under your foots and combo is lost :evil: :?: :evil: .

grrrrrrr
Udirnel
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Udirnel »

Hello there.

Sadly I have to give up. Some "real life" issues prevent me from using any spare time I could have for the competition. Hopefully they'll solve soon, but not soon enough for having any chance of qualification.

I want to give thanks to K6 coordinators for their great work, specially to Marco who encouraged me to participate. BTW, Sawys, your page is great: It allows you to follow the competition in a quick sight.

Anyway, RedStar is doing great with this game. Even following patterns, it wouldn't be any easy reaching his score ( :twisted: J'espére vous faire face le prochaine année, mon ami :twisted: )

As said, I drop. Thanks again. Hope to see you in K7.

Udirnel
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

GHEMANT wrote:this game is awful.

sometimes the blue pod start without any button pression and combo is lost :evil:

sometimes some enemies change pattern random. You can play 100 times in the same mode and in 101 play these enemies change :evil: :?: .

Some bonus appear random, you continue with your combo line and before of finish it, appear a stupid bonus under your foots and combo is lost :evil: :?: :evil: .

grrrrrrr
If the pattern what
http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~zekzek/repl ... ays_z.html
does not work,then there is some trouble.

has very good replay.(105K inferior than gamest record)
Bonus is not randam. but depends on the lowest 4 digits of score.
stupid bonus will be 1M at round 47.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
gameboy9
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by gameboy9 »

You know what? If you want to use 101 or 116, do it. I'll count it. Sawys is in agreement, so that's majority. So use 101 or 116 if you want.
Gameboy9 - Founder and coordinator of MARP Time Trials and Olympiad
Founder - Home Action Replay Page - http://www.homeactionreplay.org
http://gameboy9.marpirc.net
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

You know what? If you want to use 101 or 116, do it. I'll count it. Sawys is in agreement, so that's majority. So use 101 or 116 if you want.
Thank you!!!!!!!!

I've played several games (10+) tonight on Wolfmame 101 with absolutely no resets!!
Just out of curiosity, is your c69.bin valid? (use -verifyroms or the GUI's Audit function to check)
Yup, it checks out fine with the -verifyroms switch.