http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

K5 Bogus Score Story Contest

Post by Zhorik »

K5 Bogus Score Story Contest

Since we’ve got another off day during K5, I’ve decided to sponsor another little contest.

Weehawk's "Top 100 Golden Era Arcade Games" thread on the GEGOTW forum recently took a turn towards bogus world records back in the Golden Era. As The_Pro put it when looking at listed WRs from then:
The_Pro wrote:I learned that in the 80's it was trivial to score above 3.3M in pac-man. Also 4.7M on frogger and 9M on digdug...
Objective: Post your best story regarding a bogus arcade game achievement (real or MAME). I'll be using my own interpretation of what the "best" story is. I've got a preference for true stories, but if you want to write something interesting that's fictional, feel free. "Achievement" can mean a score, or something like a one credit no-miss finish.

Bounty: $20.00 (usd by PayPal)

Deadline for submission to MARP forums: October 3, 2006 0519 GMT (since we're getting a late start)

I am the sole judge of this contest. My decision is final (although I’ll probably solicit feedback on the #marp irc channel so feel free to pander).

Fineprint: If you are in a country that doesn’t accept PayPal I’m willing to forward your winnings through Weehawk provided you have additional winnings pending from GEGOTW victories and Weehawk agrees. Otherwise you better get busy with GEGOTW or you’re out of luck and I’ll award the prize to the next highest placed eligible contestant after 6 weeks. Entrants making use of true stories will receive bonus points. Entrants where the claimed score is particularly outrageous will receive bonus points. Entrants making use of a story I haven't already heard will receive bonus points. Telling the story well will receive bonus points. I am not eligible for the prize. Entrants are limited to a maximum of 2 submissions, although they are allowed to edit their submissions after they are originally submitted up until the deadline. All submissions must be posted to this thread and must be in English.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Game Over

No entrants = No winner

I guess we can go back to screenshots for proof since nobody seems to have ever heard of any bogus claims.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Whoa, how unimaginative(if that's word)!
If I said Robotron 1M, would that be a winner...
8O
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Just to amuse marpers, I have a pic of "zhorik" on my PC...
:)
Attachments
lookalike.jpeg
lookalike.jpeg (108.41 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

I have no clue the name of this tennis player :roll:
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Taylor Dent from USA, has served 151mph.
Second only to Andy Roddick(153.5 mph...246.2 km/h).