Video game movie

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

mmxx wrote:I just like beat'em up games.
Now I wait denjin makai and zero team a very long time !
and zero team,I know one skill to stage3 boss ,We can cheat endless scores from day to night... :lol:
A) At which movie did arcade game Karate Champ appear?
B) Cheating is not allowed at MARP, no autofire, no multiple button mapping, no slowdown, no pause. Just skill. Please use Wolfmame in future submissions. http://marp.retrogames.com/rules/

Cheers,
Karate Champ
mmxx
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by mmxx »

The TJT wrote:
mmxx wrote:I just like beat'em up games.
Now I wait denjin makai and zero team a very long time !
and zero team,I know one skill to stage3 boss ,We can cheat endless scores from day to night... :lol:
A) At which movie did arcade game Karate Champ appear?
B) Cheating is not allowed at MARP, no autofire, no multiple button mapping, no slowdown, no pause. Just skill. Please use Wolfmame in future submissions. http://marp.retrogames.com/rules/

Cheers,
Karate Champ
A)Karate Champ ?I just know there created the one-on-one fighting genre
The first "one-on-one fighting"games, ha
B)I know now from then on,and completly to say goodbye to my old Inps :) .
I'm a chinese boy.I just like "NO MISS ALL",but not always the scores
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Karate Champ! Must be Bloodsport win Jean Claude Van Damme! :) BTW, it wasn't US version of Karate Champ it is Japanese! :P

NotMan
JoustGod
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by JoustGod »

...I'm watching this thread slowly drift out to sea...
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

"Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)", the kid was playing Tempest.

Speaking of Tempest:
I can't remember if there was a Tempest cocktail at Maximum Overdrive.

There's a short flash of Tempest in the bar scene at Short Circuit.

I think "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" has one.

Recently watched a movie "Night of the Comet(1984)", Catherine Mary Stewart(Last Starfighter) was playing Tempest in two scenes; In the first scene she learns she has all top ten scores except #6...Second scene she beats the 6 spot score and enters initials...then having all top 10 records, now that makes sense, not. I recommend the movie if you like Catherine Mary playing Tempest, Cindy Lauper and zombies. Could have been a better one without last two though. This is a rare piece, since there weren't many zombie movies in the 80's...
7/10, because of Cath playing Tempest, otherwise 6.

Off topic, or is it... Just watched "Colossus, the Forbin Project(1970)", a great movie! Recommended if you like "2001, A Space Odyssey and Wargames. I think Alex likes the former atleast. ;)
9/10

Laterz,
TT
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

The Last Starfighter
=someone wrote review

Author: rams_lakers from Colorado

Similar to Star Wars only in that an earth teen gets plucked from his home and ends up in a space star fight. The story is fresh though and it is enjoyable to watch. The pre-CG effects and aliens were pretty good and the acting was decent. The only negatives I will point out is that the villain looks pretty lame and not intimidating at all with his poofy white hair and bald head, and Lance Guest's open-mouthed look of wonder (somewhat similar to Corey Haim's goofy gawk) gets really annoying. My favorite is the first hour, for me the star fight seemed anti-climactic. Going through all the fun to get up there was more entertaining. I give it a 6 out of 10.

Was the above comment useful to you?
[/img[/b]
Attachments
poster_under_licence.gif
poster_under_licence.gif (43 Bytes) Viewed 2728 times