mrdrillr - any inps playback successfully?

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

mrdrillr - any inps playback successfully?

Post by roncli »

Has anyone been able to get a successful Mr. Driller .inp that'll playback consistantly? It runs at 100% on 0.103, but it always seems to desync at 200m on the short mode, and at 400m on the long mode... both of these are the level where there are only 2 colors for the blocks.
-roncli
[Poor sig. :P --SarcasmCli]
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

WolfMAME is the only emulator that handles the System 12 RTC. If that's what you used, then I'll look into it.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

mameip103.exe :) If you need a sample INP/WLF to help, drop me an email.
-roncli
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/9/c/6/rc ... olf104.zip

Looks like it's fixed!! :)

<3 Mr. Driller
-roncli
Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

roncli wrote:
Looks like it's fixed!! :)

<3 Mr. Driller
Well, when I try to playback, it desyncs at 345m then continues until final death at 388m. Did you use any non-default options when recording?
-Abbe
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Ron's MrDriller replay works for me! Final score is 867515! No pb problems unless if you put your W104 in subdirectory instead of root directory.

NotMan
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Works for me too.
- Barry Rodewald
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

not to say there aren't ppoblems with this one but i CAN play it back too, first time, nice interlace option!
-skito
Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Abbe »

NotMan wrote:Ron's MrDriller replay works for me! Final score is 867515! No pb problems unless if you put your W104 in subdirectory instead of root directory.
Is this something new? I know Phil talked about "isolating" the different versions and how that made playback possible in some odd cases, but this doesn't sound like the same thing. (And I had a feeling that was found to be because of something else. Have to check that...)

Does "root directory" means that that the executable must be in the root of the disc or just that the mame directory containing the executable must be there?

Just as playback became easier with wolfmame (rule out nvram, sound, core and bios options) it seems to be getting harder again. Maybe we need a thread for playback tips. :-)
-Abbe
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

I haven't had any problems with different versions of MAME having to be in different directories, but then again I don't play 99% of the games either. (Anymore at least :P)

System 12 is a slow driver... I could record it without toggling the interlace feature (found in the F2 service menu), but the speed varies enough that it is smoother for me the other way, and timing is everything in this game. The menu screens are still ~70% for me even with this option, and that's on a 3 GHz machine.

Better than San Francisco Rush though, where I get 6 frames a second or less. :D
-roncli
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I get mostly 85-95% on my AthlonXP 3000+ (Intel CPUs are faster for PSX-based games) - used to be a bit faster, presumably until they properly emulated the sound hardware.

I just wish Capcom had put an interlace option on Rival Schools, might make it more playable as it is one of the few fun 3D fighters out there.
- Barry Rodewald