wrong scores Bishi Bashi Championship Mini Game Senshuken

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Gerhard S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

wrong scores Bishi Bashi Championship Mini Game Senshuken

Post by Gerhard S »

wrong scores
Bishi Bashi Championship Mini Game Senshuken (ver JAA)

1 point - not 8 points
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/a/a/d/md ... olf100.zip

need special rules (scores only rounds finished)
Gerhard & Crew Pinballs
http://schindler-gerhard.de/
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

yet another post about this game...this is probably the same as the sbishi topic...I don't even recall playing this, but there are no special rules posted, so score entered is probably the last # visible to me at end??? This is another one for the archive pile. Games that don't give/show actual scores make me want to choke the life out of the programmer. Not that this game matters to me(I'll delete if it's not accurate), but do you download everything I upload, Gerhard? It's ok if you do, but why would you want to? I bet that I haven't downloaded more than 5/6 inp's total(and one was mine), since joining MARP. It's something I only do if I can't get close to the best shown score and/or can't figure out what's going on.
I just played this one, and after stage with car(6?), game display is scrambled...not very likely that the first place 8 confirmed above mine is accurate either. Did you check that one also, or just mine?
Gerhard S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Gerhard S »

i check many 1st places from many players :wink:

your scoring at this game is wrong :!:

yes - after level 6 the game have gfx errors :cry:

1. i checked yours because your mame version was newer. after your game(round 4) comes a little tableau. there you can get your score: 1.
2. after that i checked AAG inp. he was in round 11 and had 8 completed rounds.
Gerhard & Crew Pinballs
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

either the game is broken now or wasn't then... there's no way to clear a screen you can't see...and I don't see a '1' anywhere in that game, but did play it again anyway to discover the scrambled screen where nothing can be made out. If he reached round 11, why a score of 8? Just for the record, I'm not angry at you Gerhard, just very tired when I saw the post.
Gerhard S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Gerhard S »

welby1 wrote:either the game is broken now or wasn't then... there's no way to clear a screen you can't see...and I don't see a '1' anywhere in that game, but did play it again anyway to discover the scrambled screen where nothing can be made out. If he reached round 11, why a score of 8? Just for the record, I'm not angry at you Gerhard, just very tired when I saw the post.
AAG plays 8 successfull completed rounds in 11 round (3 failed)
Gerhard & Crew Pinballs
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

welbies recording does indeed only complete one game, and looking at it it looks like a playback problem more than a wrong score problem. The games lost seem very bad like someone was sending inputs for another game that was not being played. Maybe Phil can help us out with the correct scoring???

and please post the marp link too (again)

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... xlines=999
-skito
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

No, I think playback is fine (Welby, correct us if that is wrong). I also agree with Gerhard that scoring should be levels completed, and that AAG's INP does in fact complete 8 levels, despite the screwed up graphics on the later levels.

-George
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

like I mentioned earlier, there were no special rules stated(still aren't). If there would have been a statement as such; 1pt/level, then it's death at the car race. Game doesn't make alot of sense at this point, but this was all covered in the sbishi thread last week; just didn't notice they were related due to the vast differences in titles/locatioins in the mame list. I deleted that inp, which had special rules added after my initial play and submission and will probably do the same for this one.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Welby's score edited, other confirmed.
Discusiion for scoring there :
viewtopic.php?p=37618