pc_smb question

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

pc_smb question

Post by zlk »

If you finish world 8 on pc_smb, you are given an option to hit "b" to play another round. According to the information in the history/mameinfo dat files, this round is a bit harder than the first. Is it legal to keep playing if you still have time left?
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

I guess so but doesn't your score reset to zero, i.e. a fresh game?
Darren
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Code: Select all

BUT your first game counts. When that game is over, regardless of the time left, your high score attempt is over.

Passed by a 7 - 6 vote on November 15, 2000

No leeching is allowed. No turtle jumping, no turtle runs for 1ups (Beginning of world 5-1), no nothing.
No nothing...

I think all pc_smb scores are one round only. So same should apply for future attempts.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

I don't remember if the score resets when you start a B round but it doesn't matter much anyway.. as your score max out at 999,990 anyway j/k :)

Seriously though, round B doesn't start by itself right? You have to start a new game to continue I think?. (I may be wrong as I know the vs version best) If so, it should not be allowed. If it just goes on I think it should, because there are tons of other games in which you are allowed to do that :)
QRS