Destructor... deleted???

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Destructor... deleted???

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Destructor...

Some weeks ago I saw you deleted/changed some personal inputs, mainly WCC4 (PASS, etc). Why?
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

but... why are you afraid that something like Parodius would be a GEGOTW game?
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BBH wrote:but... why are you afraid that something like Parodius would be a GEGOTW game?
John Cunningham (JTC)
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Destructor, I remember this topic, however as John said... he may just not-select games if he suspect inp was deleted previously due to it. :)

Hehehe, John.. could you remember us about wich is the AGE of the games ? ;) No sense! :D
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

...And I think is a very good idea to use some challenges (like GEGOTW) to try increase some personal scores... I think ONE week is an enough time limit to re-learn some games and re-practice then.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:...And I think is a very good idea to use some challenges (like GEGOTW) to try increase some personal scores... I think ONE week is an enough time limit to re-learn some games and re-practice then.
that totally depends on how much time you have to actually play the game that week.

I haven't played any game in MAME/MacMAME for a whole year now....just little to no time to play. I have an hour or so here and there...but that isn't enough time to seriously play anything.

If you have 2-3 hours/day/night to play the game, then yes, 1 week in most cases would be enough to get back in tune on a game you had previously played a lot/mastered.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

LN2 wrote:
TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:...And I think is a very good idea to use some challenges (like GEGOTW) to try increase some personal scores... I think ONE week is an enough time limit to re-learn some games and re-practice then.
that totally depends on how much time you have to actually play the game that week.

I haven't played any game in MAME/MacMAME for a whole year now....just little to no time to play. I have an hour or so here and there...but that isn't enough time to seriously play anything.

If you have 2-3 hours/day/night to play the game, then yes, 1 week in most cases would be enough to get back in tune on a game you had previously played a lot/mastered.
In last weeks 1 (one) day is enough for me to find how to play on game.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

destructor wrote:
LN2 wrote:

In last weeks 1 (one) day is enough for me to find how to play on game.
That is (almost) the same as 1 week 3/h playing/day. You ==24h/day :)
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Hehe, no. 1 day for test game and find best way to play = 6-10hours.
Otherwise it depend from game type. In GEGOTW games are usually schematic and are easy to learn. Newer games (ex. Eco Fighter) aren't easy to learn in one day, 3 days minimum.
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

destructor wrote:Hehe, no. 1 day for test game and find best way to play = 6-10hours.
Ouch!
destructor wrote:Otherwise it depend from game type. In GEGOTW games are usually schematic and are easy to learn. Newer games (ex. Eco Fighter) aren't easy to learn in one day, 3 days minimum.
It is very true... "schematic" (the old ones) games are faster to learn.

Destructor, concerning ECO FIGHTERS... two topics:
1 - Are you able to play this game, like PASS, at this time, to try finish it, like we talked about during WCC4? Now, I am NOT! ;)
2 - See my question (last post) at the topic below... I don't know the correct answer still now.
viewtopic.php?t=11905&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

To Destructo...

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:Destructor, concerning ECO FIGHTERS... two topics:
1 - Are you able to play this game, like PASS, at this time, to try finish it, like we talked about during WCC4? Now, I am NOT! ;)
2 - See my question (last post) at the topic below... I don't know the correct answer still now.
viewtopic.php?t=11905&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
To Destructor.
*Bump*
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

1. Not now (not in this year).
2. I don't know.