how about actively blocking non wolfmame scores?

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

how about actively blocking non wolfmame scores?

Post by welby1 »

I was under the impression(due to edited details close to 2 years ago) that I must use wolfmame or the recordings would be blocked...evidently not the case yet as there have been many recent uploads(beating wolfscores) using really old versions of winmame. Has there already been a ruling about this? I rarely visit the forums unless I get a topic reply notice. If this rule already exists, then if should be enforced. Ok, that's my rant. Night all.
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Welcome to two years ago: viewtopic.php?t=10539
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: how about actively blocking non wolfmame scores?

Post by Phil Lamat »

welby1 wrote:there have been many recent uploads(beating wolfscores) using really old versions of winmame
Yes, you've lost first on sectrzon/seicross like that :)
welby1
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by welby1 »

thanks buttermaker; man that's a long thread. so then the end result is that its ok for ME to use the same version of old mame this guy used to take down my scores?...I'm gonna play some more w/w78, see if I can top it...if not, I'm gonna check win59 and see if it plays slower in that version...I know there are many games' that have been improved over time to more accurate emulation. I do have a lot of fun playing games here, which is why I asked. Thanks, Welby
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Wolfie is preferred.
# 0.78u5: Added 'Difficulty', 'Bonus Life' and 'Invulnerability' dipswitches.
# 18th January 2004: Stefan Jokisch fixed DIPs in both Seicross and Radical Radial.
If dips have changed, maybe you can play using wolfie and those settings that were at earlier versions. Could be hard to tell though, if there were no difficulty settings before
:o