No
45%

Total votes: 31

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I talk about it:
diabolik wrote:And four of those are Polish AFAIK. Did they come here "by themselves" or did someone tip them about this poll? Is this really fair? I could go to some Finnish forum and ask some people to submit a recording and then vote for the option I like... I don't think it's ok to affect the outcome of the poll in this way.
We don't vote in group. Each has personal opinion and these HotTeam.pl players are on MARP not from today then I think they can vote.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

We will make a new poll that has 3 options: original poll divided into 2 options. + diagonal stuff. I was planning to make it today, but am in a hurry now, probably tomorrow or tuesday.

Behave :)
BlackTMH
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by BlackTMH »

U will make new pool so long, as final vote will be yes ? U think we R stupid?
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

The TJT wrote:We will make a new poll that has 3 options: original poll divided into 2 options. + diagonal stuff. I was planning to make it today, but am in a hurry now, probably tomorrow or tuesday.

Behave :)
Judging by what people have said it seems we need a number of polls :D.

* Allow any kind of key remapping Y/N. If yes then ignore the rest.
* Allow mapping of 1 function to many keys Y/N
* Allow mapping of many functions to one key Y/N
* Allow mapping of one key for diagonals Y/N
* Allow mapping of Up and Jump to one key for platform games Y/N
* Allow mapping of simultaneous key presses to one key at the special ship selection screen like Raiden Fighters
* Disallow multimapping for fighter games Y/N
* Deal on case by case basis Y/N, eg. Crazy Climber, Assault, Track & Field, Battlezone.
* Some games have multifunction keymapping built into the emulation. Eg. Battlezone, Defender. Allow those? Y/N

etc. etc...
BlackTMH
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by BlackTMH »

LOL :)

& one more point. If multimapping keys was be something wrong, the programmers of Mame wasn't create that function, or was disable one.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

BlackTMH wrote:LOL :)

& one more point. If multimapping keys was be something wrong, the programmers of Mame wasn't create that function, or was disable one.
There are plenty of MAME versions that have autofire too (X-MAME, MAME Plus), but we have never allowed that either.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

BlackTMH wrote:LOL :)

The MAME programmers built in the ability to use cheat codes also. Do you think that should be allowed for MARP competition????
BlackTMH wrote: U think we R stupid?
:-#
John Cunningham (JTC)
kuba
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by kuba »

custom buttons should become for combination 3+<. keyboard was not blocked. they would it to be possible then to remove mapping. cheats would not can use mappings up/down+fire.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

BlackTMH:

6 posts from you so far and most of them are close to personal flaming. (no need to quote your posts, as they are all in this thread) Have you ever heard of keeping a low profile when you are new to a forum? Reading the rules? Tommi is not making up rules for fun or cause he is bored. He is just doing his job. If you don't agree with him, feel free to speak, but do it in a constructive way.

Let people vote or discuss in a grown up way and then accept the outcome. Consider this as a friendly reminder.

Thanks.
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I don't understand why this poll is cancelled and next create new. Really, someone think that we are stupid.
BlackTMH
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by BlackTMH »

1. Mappig isn't cheat. It's biuld in default configuration, cheats isn't in default cfg.
2. I don't like cheat's too, it isn' a game with one. Even 6th years old child can finish every game with chet :) It's obvious that cheat are dissalowed.
3. I was never use autofire from mame. But I can implode good autofire in every joystick and use with EVERY Mame. In joystick can multimaping keys without participation of Mame.

And the question is: what is better to non-multimapping game? keyboard or joystick? :P

And one more.. what about game like "Sinistar" OR "Blaster"? This game oryginally is using 49way joystick. Even on real arcade 8-way joystick U can't play on this game whithout key mapping. you MUST use multimapping keys for this games. If you dissalow multimapping keys, you will dissalow play on this games.

And Last. Try to enable game "Pigskin 621AD" and go into keys settings. The key multimapping is in DEFAULT configuration:
P1 up = key UP
P1 Down = key DOWN
P1 Right = key RIGHT
P1 Left = key LEFT
AD Stick X Dec = key LEFT
AD Stick X Inc = key RIGHT
AD Stick Y Dec = key UP
AD Stick Y Inc = key DOWN
Try to disable multimapping in this game. I wish good luck in playng.
BlackTMH
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by BlackTMH »

And maby autofire is a cheat to? Then make new vote for "dissalow using autofire in every joystick in a world. if U have autofire in your joystick rip it and crush using biggest hammer, because using autofire in games is a crime !!" :)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BlackTMH wrote:And one more.. what about game like "Sinistar" OR "Blaster"? This game oryginally is using 49way joystick. Even on real arcade 8-way joystick U can't play on this game whithout key mapping. you MUST use multimapping keys for this games. If you dissalow multimapping keys, you will dissalow play on this games.
Of course you can. You might not be able to play as well as you should, but they are still very playable. If you want to be anal about things, then in the arcade, no one uses a keyboard, maybe keyboard play should be banned, because it must be impossible to play games with keyboard. Of course, that is entirely not true. Maybe you would like to disallow games like Point Blank too because most people don't have a gun... :roll:
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

BlackTMH wrote:And maby autofire is a cheat to? Then make new vote for "dissalow using autofire in every joystick in a world. if U have autofire in your joystick rip it and crush using biggest hammer, because using autofire in games is a crime !!" :)
Autofire is banned at MARP. That's the only thing relevant here.
QRS
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

BlackTMH wrote:And Last. Try to enable game "Pigskin 621AD" and go into keys settings. The key multimapping is in DEFAULT configuration:
P1 up = key UP
P1 Down = key DOWN
P1 Right = key RIGHT
P1 Left = key LEFT
AD Stick X Dec = key LEFT
AD Stick X Inc = key RIGHT
AD Stick Y Dec = key UP
AD Stick Y Inc = key DOWN
Try to disable multimapping in this game. I wish good luck in playng.
The standard directional inputs aren't used by the game. Set up,down,left and right to "None". It'll still work.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer