TG 2005 Bounties

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

About T&F:

Since my mame record is played with 3 buttons + joystick at highjump...I think I can't beat it with 3 buttons only. Unless using joystick for HJ is allowed, that I think is not the case????
I might be making a video later, playing using only buttons, just as at arcade...for show-off purposes, maybe even trying to go for Kelly's arcade record..which is by all means no easy feat at all.
How about using joypad buttons?(which might not be very arcade-like)

About Joust2:

Robert, do you allow Terry hunting or not?
I think you should NOT allow any kind of Pterodactyl "hunting". Or your money is in grave danger when somebody finds a perfect leech spot...I think I found one at later levels, few years ago...but it's hard to get there. Once there, you can play for few million points to get 250 jousters or such...Then just play the game to finish, having 4men/level etc...

After 5 mins of play, I almost found one place as early as at stage 2!!! (pic) . Maybe there's a perfect spot on the other side :)
Attachments
Hunter stayed down, your jouster will appear up after foul.
Hunter stayed down, your jouster will appear up after foul.
jous0001.png (4.17 KiB) Viewed 7773 times
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Heh, I see that Matt attack my lrescue score. Bad man :D
I beat my score in 5 hours. Too long.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

destructor wrote:Heh, I see that Matt attack my lrescue score. Bad man :D
What, you already win everything... I can't have one little thing? :p
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

Bounty 28 – “Trog (revision LA4 3/11/91)” for arcade/MAME ROMset = “TROG” Challenge Rating – 5 (out of 5)

Challenge – complete the game on ONE (1) life, regardless of score, as a single player, on a single credit.

I've seen a couple of people do this in arcades although I'm not sure what difficulty and revison was used. Is there something about this revision of Trog that makes it so hard - it's rated 5?
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

diabolik wrote:I'm 99% sure I can collect one of the bounties (I'm not telling which one) :) Just hoping no one does it before me.
Now 100% :wink: Congrats.
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Tommi, I doubt that they would not allow joypad - most people don't have anything else heheh. Anyway, in the next few weeks (when Dad get's back off holiday) I'll have a replica TnF controller to mess with.

Can't wait to see your vid btw, will you make it available here?
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

dskys wrote: I'll have a replica TnF controller to mess with.

Can't wait to see your vid btw, will you make it available here?
Kewl. :wink:
Yes, if I make one.
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

destructor wrote:
diabolik wrote:I'm 99% sure I can collect one of the bounties (I'm not telling which one) :) Just hoping no one does it before me.
Thanks a lot!! \:D/ Congrats to you too for Lunar Rescue bounty.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

diabolik wrote:
destructor wrote:
Thanks a lot!! \:D/ Congrats to you too for Lunar Rescue bounty.
Yeah, nice job diabolik, destructor, bbh. :D
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Good job to you too Joey!! Two down and a lot more to pick from :)
QRS
rmruczek
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Three Down

Post by rmruczek »

Hello fellow gamers:

"Stratovox" bites the dust !! I am dying to see that 100K score INP tonight when I finally get home, courtesy of Sami Virtanen.

From previous conversations with Steve Krogman awhile back, I know that "Trog" on 1-life is at least possible.

The 1M on "Galaxian" is half-"Put Up or Shut Up" because since year 2001, TG has been hearing from a certain gamer about how not just once but four (4) times he cracked the 700K barrier, including once over 1M. However, with Perry Rodgers back in action (already up to 388K, just 1K shy of his previous personal best and former WR), and with Gary Whelan near 400K already, the 500K "Bounty" looks like it may fall at some point this year, and that's just two possible contenders.

I downloaded from the MARP site the INP of "Pipi & Bibis" awhile back and was mightily impressed with the gamer who got past stage 6-4 on one credit. Stages 4-2 and 4-3 are bad enough, and 5-1 is a virtual kill screen unless you know what to do right away, and level 6 is very bad in general, but 6-4 is monstrously hard.

The two "Zookeeper" bounty prizes were designed due to several reports of previous 30M point jumps. I do believe that some are quite genuine, but want to see it myself. Two in one game...that is quite hard to envision, but you never know. People have done two holes-in-one in golf before, so anything is possible.

The "Pole Position" bounty is based on Walter Day's 1st book quote about the champs believing one more car can be passed. I wish I could contact them to let them know that some cash is being offered at this time.

I'm already archiving titles to retain for next year's "Bounty" announcement...not every title I wanted to have included could be part of the 2005 list. Just didn't have the cash to make that happen, but next year promises to have even more MAME action to shoot for.

I've caught up on answering all queries thus far, and Walter informed me that the news story is hitting worldwide across today thru Friday courtesy of his sending the link to almost 30,000 news sites, gaming sites and gamers across the globe. Quite the PR blitz.

Oh yes...I've clarified the "Astro Fighter" bounty...turns out you CAN use the 10K trick more than once per ship, thanks to Mark Spaeth's information provided, so I am allowing that provision towards the challenge.

More later. Happy gaming.

Robert
Robert T Mruczek
Twin Galaxies - Editor and Chief referee
Star Wars classic arcade marathon champion
rmruczek@doremus.com (work E-MAIL)

rmruczek
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

T&F - Just to Confirm

Post by rmruczek »

Hello fellow gamers:

Everyone is eligible for the "Track and Field" addendum bounty that I mentioned earlier in this thread...including current world record holder TJT. Everyone except myself, that is.

Wasn't sure if that was inherrently clear, so I just wanted to set the record straight.

Robert
Robert T Mruczek
Twin Galaxies - Editor and Chief referee
Star Wars classic arcade marathon champion
rmruczek@doremus.com (work E-MAIL)

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

rmruczek wrote: The 1M on "Galaxian" is half-"Put Up or Shut Up" because since year 2001, TG has been hearing from a certain gamer about how
Don't hear from him anymore, do ya?

:wink:
John Cunningham (JTC)
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

JoeyL21988 wrote: Yeah, nice job diabolik, destructor, bbh. :D
4 guys have claimed bounties so far, all marpers! Damn we are good. :D
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

I thought about going for the Stratovox one also, but then I read about needing to do a video etc, and i though stuff it.

Congrats :)

I might see if I can better my marp Stratovox recording later :)