WRX2 argus recording

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

horsie
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by horsie »

The TJT wrote:Marp rules:

f) Point or life leeching is strongly discouraged, and banned on some games, as described in the banned techniques list. You cannot continuously gain points without some degree of risk and you must keep moving to complete a level.

I think very obvious case.
Not only case against some fucking rules, but common sense.
D**** like Team WRX2 have no common sense or honour.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Chad wrote:i always affraid of more than one sweet spot thus if we zero this one wrx2 might find another location and another recording. How about we decide on 5 or X lives, so we can quantify the inps rather than trying to determine if leeching was used? This kind of goes for thundercade too but that one is pretty easy to determine if leeching was used (only can leech at the end) so i'd agree to just zero those.
I think denying getting SAME 1up/extra ship more than once should do the trick for THIS game. Then we won't have to go editing other scores too. Yes, wrx2 might be able to find new "sweet spots"...but when leeching is not allowed and scores zeroed, they will learn, eventually.
We cannot make rules that cover every possible leeching method.

Horsie...Calm down dude :)
wrx2 are couple Korean players. They have a bit different culture. Many Asian players seem to often think that any trick at game is ok to do. I'm sure they even feel proud about tricks they find. Maybe they just want to show that they found a nice trick...but we have separate page at marp for tricks. Most players at MARP feel that these kind of tricks are unacceptable, and we are trying to have rules against that...which I am sure wrx2 will understand. Nothing personal, just following the rules and respecting the majority-will of marpers.
I'm sure wrx2 have honour...common sense...uh...

Nobody in this thread had issues against removing this recording, so it's my job to take care that recording gets zeroed.

TJT, regulation coordinator
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

The TJT wrote:OK, it's still hanging there.

I suggest this to be zeroed, moved to tricks page and special rules as:
"You can get same 1up -bonus ship only once", with link to this discussion.

Anyone who disagrees, speak now or forever silent remain :)
I think all banned techniques should be mentioned in the "special rules" box with a link to an example input ;
and maybe add in general rules :
"you can't earn more than 1 extra life in the same area of a game" ;
could prevent us from a lot of life leeching
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Good idea Phil. This way we don't have to bother Barry adding those inps at tips&tricks page.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you zero a score...it still stays at marp(at leastbeautyplanet's contra inp is still there). If you delete a recording, it is removed forever, if there is a confirmed previous recording.

...I am asking this because if we put link to a zeroed recording, but it gets deleted by player later...so link for the inp works or not?
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

inp zeroed, special rules edited

Thanks, TJT
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

The TJT wrote:Good idea Phil. This way we don't have to bother Barry adding those inps at tips&tricks page.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you zero a score...it still stays at marp(at leastbeautyplanet's contra inp is still there). If you delete a recording, it is removed forever, if there is a confirmed previous recording.

...I am asking this because if we put link to a zeroed recording, but it gets deleted by player later...so link for the inp works or not?
No, I think even if you delete an inp with "deleted" in the short name box, the link still works ; no trace in the screens but the zip file is still there
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

ok, that's good.