Rygar's Dodging Death

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Rygar's Dodging Death

Post by Francois Daniel »

I don't know if its the right place for this topic.

I want to begin a little fun contest on Rygar. On this game, when the time end, a big Death Head come and pass on the screen left to right. At the beginning, speed is very slow, but its faster and faster after each passage. After 20 passage of Death, its very fast and very difficut to dodge it.

I wonder how many time its possible to dodge the Death (my best is 40 and Jyd make 66 today). I think Round 2 is the best spot for the dodges. So, I propose to all fan of Rygar to send inps here with their best tries on Round 2 (or 1 but not after Round 2).

Have fun

Francois
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

If you want to make 1st on MARP then don't do a lot of jumps. Best 3-4 on one stage. But on stage with 10k columns jump can how much.
Why didn't to do a lo of jumps? Because RANK BONUS after kill a lot of enemies is reset and your total bonus on later stages is low.
I tested this (with this method and save-state I beat 1st on MARP) but don't have time to play on Rygar.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

destructor wrote:If you want to make 1st on MARP then don't do a lot of jumps. Best 3-4 on one stage. But on stage with 10k columns jump can how much.
Why didn't to do a lo of jumps? Because RANK BONUS after kill a lot of enemies is reset and your total bonus on later stages is low.
I tested this (with this method and save-state I beat 1st on MARP) but don't have time to play on Rygar.
Sorry Des, but you're wrong :) The Gamest record is over 10 000 000 because the guy who made it jump over the death over 100 time by stage. This guy is really a true master of Rygar. But for our level of skill, you're right, until 10 jump max is good :)

For this topics, it's only for fun, not for making points or what ever ;)

Francois
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Actually, I think the Gamest record is 11.8 million - and there is an infinite leech point in the game (don't know if it's allowed for Gamest or not).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

I have seen one rare Rygar machine once, nearly 16 years ago. If my poor memory serve me right. I saw one guy played Rygar nearly 4-5 hours. The game has no ending. I remember that correctly that guy have repeated level 13-20 2-3 times in one game. The score was somewhere 7 millions pts - 12 millions pts. I think that he made it to level 78 if I remember correctly.

He does not do the avoiding the red blob of death nor any types of leeching as far as I know. He did few of special bonus and that all I know. I should've watch him finish the last level whenever he *did* special trick to avoid the ending or no ending at all.

I'm not quite sure how long it take to finish the game, but that guy did the longest one as far as I know.

Too bad that I didn't master that game while watching that guy kick ass that game, back then.

I highly doubtful if that rare Rygar game ever exist.

Later,

NotMan