indyheat by Caseh

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Punish Caseh?

yes
No votes
of course
17%
definitely
50%
sure
33%

Total votes: 6

Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

indyheat by Caseh

Post by Buttermaker »

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... lines=9999
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/0/9/e/gt ... wolf79.zip

- Did not read the special rules.
- Did not test his recording before uploading.

Punishment is finally in order.
Caseh
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Caseh »

Gah fine punish me....I missed the special rules even though it does playback fine with sound...go figure :)
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

That's interesting. Back when I played that game it wouldn't play back with sound. I tested yours with sound of course just to make sure but it doesn't work.
Caseh
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Caseh »

Hmmm weird, could someone else test it. Its playing back fine here...heres a screenie of final score if that helps:

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

haven't tried it yet but will. *might* be working for you caseh with an nvram file which would be another nono, but maybe someone else besides you is wrong in this case.

hey didn't actually see that avg mph score before, maybe we can use that as a 76 tie breaker ('you see good in bad, i like that!')
-skito
Caseh
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Caseh »

Theres no nvram file for it, theres 2 in my folder. One for ddtod and alien3 but I haven't submitted scores for either of those games :P
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

then it's proly the sound issue if it's not working for someone else, recording with no sound has been required for playingback for others, since this game has timing issues with the sound emulation and messes up if you use different hardware, unless they fixed it, need to try it, will tonight.

i think putting avg speed as a tie breaker is a no brainer here, i'll check other recordings to see if avg speed can distinguish the players, if so i'll change the scoring to go pts*1000 + avgSpeed. so your score would be 76119, but i have a feeling eveyone gets 119, but we'll see.
-skito
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

yeah this recording is a way no go, need 3rd to zero, (if caseh said he could'nt get it to playback you'd be the third... but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see if someone else can't play it back just incase it's a blinds thing), you sure you didn't take that screen shot during the game, anyways, it looks like the avg speed and top speed reported there are on a per race basis, so we'd have to add them up for all races to make them an adequate tie breaker, certainly posible but tedious.
-skito
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

Chad wrote:yeah this recording is a way no go, need 3rd to zero, (if caseh said he could'nt get it to playback you'd be the third... but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see if someone else can't play it back just incase it's a blinds thing), you sure you didn't take that screen shot during the game, anyways, it looks like the avg speed and top speed reported there are on a per race basis, so we'd have to add them up for all races to make them an adequate tie breaker, certainly posible but tedious.

Works for 2 races then derails faster then Amtrack. Both = 20 points.. didn't look at the speed though ^^;;

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.