ddsom by ... (guess who)

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Punish Caseh now?

Yes, enough is enough.
50%
No, we love Caseh.
50%

Total votes: 8

Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

ddsom by ... (guess who)

Post by Buttermaker »

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... lines=9999
http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/c/0/7/gt ... wolf79.zip

Wow, nice recording. Too bad continues were used, hehe.

Wrong inp again I guess.
Caseh
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Caseh »

mmmm yea it was another mistake on my part. I've gotten further in the game though so the wrong .inp has been replaced. The one i submitted by accident was me playing the game through with continues to see which path I should choose and what weapons to go for.

As for punishing me, if you decide its necessary then fine. But it's not like im the only person who submits bad .inp files. If you single me out, i'd like to see every other user who submits an .inp that doesn't play back the way its advertised punished as well.

I mean to say, you started a poll on me for submitting a score in MSH which was 25,000 points lower than the replay showed, is this how you treat all newcommers to MARP?
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Caseh wrote:As for punishing me, if you decide its necessary then fine.
Nobody will be punished, hehe. Just be more careful from now on.
I mean to say, you started a poll on me for submitting a score in MSH which was 25,000 points lower than the replay showed, is this how you treat all newcommers to MARP?
It was just a joke. I thought that was obvious.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Caseh wrote:is this how you treat all newcommers to MARP?
I seriously doubt that a newcomer was ever as careless as you about his submissions before.

And the reason it bothers people, if you were wondering, is that it wastes the valuable time of members trying to confirm your submissions. When it is a result of carelessness on the part of the submitter it irks us.
John Cunningham (JTC)
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Hmm what kind of punishment should be in place here? hmmm :P

Ok, seriously now.. Just try to check your recordings and see if they playback to the advertised score etc, and everything will be ok.

Everyone makes mistakes once in a while, so no harm is done. 8)
QRS
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

QRS wrote:Hmm what kind of punishment should be in place here? hmmm :P
Do you still have that fish?
Caseh
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Caseh »

I can see where your coming from as it would be a waste of your time to check an inp that doesnt playback as expected. I do try to check all my .inp files but i've submitted around 10-15 for ddsom in a day, with anything up to 45 mins of gameplay and I do keep some for reference and simply uploaded one from wrong directory.

I'll try and be a lot more careful in future, scouts honor :wink:
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

LN2 wrote:
QRS wrote:Hmm what kind of punishment should be in place here? hmmm :P
Do you still have that fish?
ehhr? Fish? :?:
QRS
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

ehhr? Fish?
For troutslapping, presumably.
John Cunningham (JTC)
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Caseh wrote:I do try to check all my .inp files but i've submitted around 10-15 for ddsom in a day
Uh, why? Just play until you have one that you actually want to have at MARP. And in case you didn't know: Inps never get deleted so you're putting a lot of useless stuff on the server. Not that it takes up much space but still...
Caseh
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Caseh »

Uh, why? Just play until you have one that you actually want to have at MARP
Everytime I top one of my scores I'll submit the recording in case I don't play it again for a while. It also lowers everyones scores below mine :D Reason i've submitted so many is there are 7 versions of the game. I've submitted one for each version which takes top place. i then focus one one romset and play it until I either master it or get bored.

As for it taking space, sorry..didn't realise. I was under the impression that your latest .inp replaces your last upload. I'll try and restrrain myself from submitting until I have the best .inp possible for that game :roll:
Luja
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Luja »

Fine in this way. Less space in disk and less work for confirmers.

Good play, Caseh. You surprise me with your good play (that is reflected in the leaderboard: a quickly and a high entry. Position 45 now 8O )

Good playing