WRX2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

Bugger he/they knocked off about 6 of my first places, and I don't have many, moved me 10 places down the leader board. :(
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

I had no idea you could get a whole group of people under one account. I thought it stated in the rules that only one person to an account. Not really fair to those of us who are soloing. I bet if WRX2 were split up into its individual counterparts not a one of em would be in the top 50. Surely something will be done about this, this can't be fair, can it?
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Dax wrote:I had no idea you could get a whole group of people under one account. I thought it stated in the rules that only one person to an account. Not really fair to those of us who are soloing. I bet if WRX2 were split up into its individual counterparts not a one of em would be in the top 50. Surely something will be done about this, this can't be fair, can it?
John Cunningham (JTC)
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

From this post:
Novice wrote:WRX2=TeamKorea.
Cicola Guidi wrote:They seems to be quite a very good player, and I really like watching them inps. :o :o :o
Finding out that you are Korean was as easy as splitting bamboo.
Chad wrote:wrx2 has done mass uploads before for moon cresta inps but during that period there were different mame versions, this time they are all the same (another point for less than a lot of people being wrx2).
No, the first 8 uploads were non-AlphaMAME recordings.

By looking at all of WRX2's uploads it is very easy to tell apart the different players.
Dax wrote:I thought it stated in the rules that only one person to an account.
Team accounts are not allowed. Plscores had to quit because of that.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Buttermaker wrote:No, the first 8 uploads were non-AlphaMAME recordings.
That guy's copy of the converter probably got corrupted. Being emailed from one member to another to another...it was bound to happen sooner or later.
John Cunningham (JTC)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Yes Buttermaker. You are right about PLScores. But we didn't know how to register to MARP etc. We has own page with scores and our "Boss" send all scores from this pages to MARP to account PLScores but write in description player name. We didn't read forum. Next PLScores fell and delete from web.

Really SLA said us (me and wuzel) all about MARP. And next we talk about it people from MameHot (http://www.mamehot.net) and now we are HotTeam with meetings, drinks :) and etc. and each has own account.
Very thanks to SLA. He mail to me that he's now in USA.
Cicola Guidi
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Cicola Guidi »

The TJT wrote:BBH is a team!

That explains so much... :P
QRS wrote:BBH is a "team", but he is a "one man team". That is the difference :)
tar wrote:World Record x 2 = wrx2

If BBH is a "one man team", i think WRX2 is a "two man team".

The name is the best answer, World Record x 2(people) = wrx2

THE PAST OF SEVEN MONTH

Unzipped these files you can see the RECORDING DATE,TIME,SIZE of the inps.

BBH on (01 APR 03 - 31 OCT 03), he played 129 games!
86 firsts, 28 seconds, 7 thirds, 5 fourth, and 1 fifth

WRX2 on (01 APR 03 - 31 OCT 03), he played 135 games!
114 firsts, 13 seconds, 7 thirds, and 1 fourth

They seems to be quite a very good player, and I really like watching them inps.

BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I don't understand what the point is in comparing numbers. Of course two people are going to be able to submit more recordings than me if they do it under the same name.

also, please don't post huge 782k .bmp's directly on the forums, please? Try decreasing the color depth to 256 colors and saving it as a .gif instead.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Novice wrote:Still Grand total of .jp is bigger than grand total of WRX2.
Good idea. Why we dont' make a ranking by team or by country ?

Francois
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Weehawk wrote:
Buttermaker wrote:No, the first 8 uploads were non-AlphaMAME recordings.
That guy's copy of the converter probably got corrupted. Being emailed from one member to another to another...it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Hey ! You mean, not only it's a team but also a cheat team ?

If it's it right, I think editors must made something.

Francois
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

My best guess is that he did not cheat because usually cheating recordings take longer than just making the recording and moving on to the next one like it looks like he's doing. But we can check them out a bit closer.

Cicola, thanks for the info, it's usefull! but bbh is right, try to make your pictures gif or jpeg instead of bmp, they store a lot of information that is not necesary when it can be compressed to gif or jpeg. I think you can "edit" your post and delete the bmp and reupload a gif attachment if you can convert your picture to gif.

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2192-10021962.html

Irfanview is the best program to do this and it's free. just open the bmp and save As gif or jpeg to make your images smaller in size to upload and download.
-skito
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

Um, yeah, so anyway, are any of the editors actually going to DO something about this...? Or do we have to wait until the clown car of Korean aces finally runs over BBH?

We've known they were a team for several months...
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

This is insane !!!
If you beat his score, he beat you again !! This is the thing I don't understand.. The only one he couldn't return n°1 was Kikikaikai and he deleted the score...
WX2 plays every type of game, nobody can be awesome in all type of games. He upload some 3th places ? Next week will be n°1.
He can be a Team, but what team was able to make so much record ? Is a team of monsters ????
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

there are plenty of people that break into marp and make a bunch of 1rst place scores, QT, bubble, Rick, to name a few. it doesn't mean they cheat or are a team, the only evidence wrx2 is a team is that it/they recorded a bunch of different mame versions that weren't coordinated when they first started. all these tgmame recordings are all the same mame version and syncronous, if it was a team recordings made would likely be at the same time for different games. not true here.
-skito
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Chad wrote:the only evidence wrx2 is a team is that it/they recorded a bunch of different mame versions that weren't coordinated when they first started.
..and the fact Novice had informed us that wrx2 was teamkorea. I would call that evidence also.

Also in forum listings or even uploads there was an issue where an editor or someone in the forum would tell wrx2 what to do etc. then you see another wrx2 that seems to not be aware of what was previously told to wrx2....certainly a sign it isn't just 1 person...or they have a really lousy memory.