MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

we dont agree but we have 2 agree
4 me its also end of wcc3
good luck 2 all other players

sorry des 4 this "stupid" meeting idea - your DSQ is the main reason im angry
bye guys
BTW PHIL: this game was fun but much 2 easy 4 players from hotteam.
i was wondering if not 2 start do the leeching at 1 story boss and again make a rule 4 stages not points but the secondf idae (80k bonuses) was much better and i leave it
PS2: and where the hell is the next game :)
It's good 2 be here with U guys :)
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

I think Phil as the referee doesn't have much of a choice here, he has to DQ those inps. Unfortunately there is not much room to appeal because there is no appeal board here at MARP, maybe we should set one up :).

I had one of my inps DQ'ed in a tournament a couple of years back. It was recorded using a tgmame version but the machine I was using was in an internet café and decided to popup some kind of security warning window which caused the game to pause outside of my control. I quickly resumed the game and got a decent 1st place score but the damaged was done and the pause in the tgmame inp was discovered even though is was not my fault :(. Actually I gave more credibility to the refs for DQ'ing my score in the end and uploaded another not quite so good inp later on, unfortunately that cannot be done in this case :(.

Did anyone see the athletics this year with the new false start rule? There was a false start in one of the sprint races and according to the new rules anyone who does a false start the 2nd time is disqualified even if they were not responsible for the first one. Some poor guy false started or flinched on the blocks causing a 2nd false start, he was disqualified even though he did not cause the 1st one. He was furious and layed on the track in protest for nearly an hour, in the end he had to accept it but the race was called off.

The ref is there to enforce the rules in the first instance, then there is usually some kind of appeal system later on, in this case it is this forum :).

Cheers all, Gaz.
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Two Questions

1. How do you check the date when playing back an inp?

2. If MAME records the date from the time on your CPU whats to stop someone from changing the date to say, the last day to submit, everytime they make a recording? (like changing the date to the 19th, the last day for Rnd 4). So that all their inps look as though they've been recorded on the last day even though some may have been recorded more than 24 hours ago? Using this method a player could make recording all week and then choose the best to submit regardless of when it was actually recorded. Or a player who only has time to play early in the week but wishes to hide his/her score could use this method to submit a dated inp on the last day.
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Dax wrote:1. How do you check the date when playing back an inp?
You can't.
2. If MAME records the date from the time on your CPU whats to stop someone from changing the date to say, the last day to submit, everytime they make a recording?
nothing
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

Dax wrote:Two Questions

1. How do you check the date when playing back an inp?

2. If MAME records the date from the time on your CPU whats to stop someone from changing the date to say, the last day to submit, everytime they make a recording? (like changing the date to the 19th, the last day for Rnd 4). So that all their inps look as though they've been recorded on the last day even though some may have been recorded more than 24 hours ago? Using this method a player could make recording all week and then choose the best to submit regardless of when it was actually recorded. Or a player who only has time to play early in the week but wishes to hide his/her score could use this method to submit a dated inp on the last day.
1. and thats a problem
2. very good idea :) thx dax - next time i will do it :) joke!!!!! but i think that 24 hour rule is bad - maybe points 4 each upload at top 3 would be nicer :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

LordGaz wrote:I think Phil as the referee doesn't have much of a choice here, he has to DQ those inps. Unfortunately there is not much room to appeal because there is no appeal board here at MARP, maybe we should set one up :).

I had one of my inps DQ'ed in a tournament a couple of years back. It was recorded using a tgmame version but the machine I was using was in an internet café and decided to popup some kind of security warning window which caused the game to pause outside of my control. I quickly resumed the game and got a decent 1st place score but the damaged was done and the pause in the tgmame inp was discovered even though is was not my fault :(. Actually I gave more credibility to the refs for DQ'ing my score in the end and uploaded another not quite so good inp later on, unfortunately that cannot be done in this case :(.

Did anyone see the athletics this year with the new false start rule? There was a false start in one of the sprint races and according to the new rules anyone who does a false start the 2nd time is disqualified even if they were not responsible for the first one. Some poor guy false started or flinched on the blocks causing a 2nd false start, he was disqualified even though he did not cause the 1st one. He was furious and layed on the track in protest for nearly an hour, in the end he had to accept it but the race was called off.

i ve seen it :) ql incident :)

The ref is there to enforce the rules in the first instance, then there is usually some kind of appeal system later on, in this case it is this forum :).

Cheers all, Gaz.
the ref is the ref the rules are 2 be broken :)
sorry 4 us this tourmanemt with out us (players who compete in each round will be boring
GLORY 4 the polish team :)
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

wuzel wrote:sorry 4 us this tourmanemt with out us (players who compete in each round will be boring
GLORY 4 the polish team
I agree, it is always a shame when something like this happens, especially to the top players. Gaz.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

LordGaz wrote:
wuzel wrote:sorry 4 us this tourmanemt with out us (players who compete in each round will be boring
GLORY 4 the polish team
I agree, it is always a shame when something like this happens, especially to the top players. Gaz.
next time i will obey the 24 hour rule like dax said by changing the date 2 last day of competition - especially when the znet has problems and i have net troubles 2
sorry phil but your decission is rather brutal 4 us :(
and the rules like dax noticed can be easily broken
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Yeah but inps have to be taken on trust... we have to assume that people won't exploit the loophole in the rules and at the end of the day 'in theory' most players scores will get better throughout the week so little advantage is to be gained by holding on to earlier inps. Unless you're unable to play apart from the first day of the round...

There are many implications for recording different peoples games on one machine - an important one that is overlooked here is that there is nothing to say that the input attributed to each person was actually BY that person.

With the resons as to why they were made this way with an incorrect date though it does seem a little harsh to disqualify the scores in light of much corroboratory evidence from posts made before the deadline...

My 2p
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Phil Lamat wrote:Here is my decision :
it was obvious that your 3 inp were played on the same PC (thanks to confirm that), and your PC's date was obviously wrong (I'm sure your inp were recorded after 5/9), but the point is that is up to you to check that the date is good before recording as you're aware of the 24-hours rule

So the actual inp ARE dqed for WCC3 ; you can erase them (and keep them to reupload later because they are still avalaible for Regular of course) so that I can examine your previous inp and see if they are receivable so you can re-enter week3 ranking

I'm sure Wuzel & ANS will ...
Concerning Destructor, as I think it was the only inp you had, you will score 0 on this week : that shows how your upload-a-single-inp-at-the-last-moment strategy can be dangerous.
You're still the WCC leader anyway, but feel free to retire if you find my decision too much severe
Stupid choice.

Stupid rule 24 h. In this situation each can change date in system and play with end date. Do you think that I make 4,2 mln with date 05/09 Phil?

I play for fun and win not for gold and money.

I played 14 hours each day (7 days) in this round and my score is 0 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fuck.

I have other inps but I don't submit.

Thanks Dax.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

as i said before des - lets leave it but maybe someone can mad phil 2 change his decission - maybe 4 u only - my inp is only a good one not very good

as far as i can see des can easily beat u guys in this WCC3 without this point form this round but i can easily nderstand his anger - he put much time and patient in this game, discovered many things (80k bonus and haed jumping) and due 2 a stupid (even not his) mistake (Q: how often do u chceck your computer date??? me - hardly ever, the hour is enough for me and im connected 2 internet where are many clocks at different pages)
the rule was borken but is the punishment correct?? maybe des can upload an inp with correct inp for example 2day??
i dont want 2 play again - this game already took 2 much of my time :(
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

as i said before des - lets leave it but maybe someone can made phil 2 change his decission ( i think we dont) - maybe 4 u only - my inp is only a good one not very good

as far as i can see des can easily beat u guys in this WCC3 without this point form this round but i can easily nderstand his anger - he put much time and patient in this game, discovered many things (80k bonus and haed jumping) and due 2 a stupid (even not his) mistake (Q: how often do u chceck your computer date??? me - hardly ever, the hour is enough for me and im connected 2 internet where are many clocks at different pages)
the rule was borken but is the punishment correct?? maybe des can upload an inp with correct inp for example 2day??
i dont want 2 play again - this game already took 2 much of my time :(
exs
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

2mill min

Post by exs »

DeSangre wrote: Anyway, even if I'm new I can already understand how some people here play/think, so I'm quite sure that 2 millions will be about the score of the 6th place at the end of the week. (but it may even not be enough) :)
I haven't seen the 4th stage though... if it gets REALLY hard then 2 mills could be a good score :) Who knows. For the uploading, just try again and again, and you'll eventually up it ^_^
Geez, how did you know?!! :) All got more than 2mill for points.

Oh and was I the only one that changed the jump button to the up arrow key? :)
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: 2mill min

Post by wuzel »

exs wrote:
DeSangre wrote: Anyway, even if I'm new I can already understand how some people here play/think, so I'm quite sure that 2 millions will be about the score of the 6th place at the end of the week. (but it may even not be enough) :)
I haven't seen the 4th stage though... if it gets REALLY hard then 2 mills could be a good score :) Who knows. For the uploading, just try again and again, and you'll eventually up it ^_^
Geez, how did you know?!! :) All got more than 2mill for points.

Oh and was I the only one that changed the jump button to the up arrow key? :)
i think u were :)