AlphaMAME 0.70

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Chad wrote:i agree, the only reason i suggest it was because someone who wants xalphamame can't be unfamiliar to unix, unless i guess he just wanted to compare the source to regular mame, it's a bit different. and maybe kale hadn't heard of it yet, it's a godsend for the people who hate windows.
I don't need it for XalphaMAME but for reading loads of ST-V docs/schems that requires a *.bz2 reader.I don't have any Unix OS for the moment,probably I will end up installing it 'cause WinRAR is shareware and I really hate that kind of programs...

BTW the snapshot below is my first effort for the Titan cause,still loads to do...
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

you don't need the full ball of wax, you can proly just run the setup.exe (that you download from the site),

* install from internet
* pick an install dir d:\cywin is good
* install for all users
* click Unix text files (dos type files messes too many things up)
* set local package dir d:\cygwin\setup is good
* click Direct Connection
* pick a site to install from

* Then you will get to a menu will all possibe installaion options, click the view button to go to full view, here you'll see all possible packages to install, i'm pretty sure you can click bzip2 and unclick everything else and it'll install just bzip2 and what ever it needs to work, it'll windup in $CYGWIN/bin/bzip2.exe. it is a command line tool so you can setup some right click association menus to automatically unzip bzip2 files when double clicked.

bzip2 -d file.tar.bz2

will make file.tar and delete file.tar.bz2
-skito
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

"ST-V", does this mean Decathlete and Winter games are soon at mame...

But I WONT update my computer! 8O
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Unlikely in the near future. Go use Satourne or something. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

I downloaded the Alphamame32 0.70 from the first thread but when I try to extract it from the zip it tells me that the .exe file is password protected and I can't unzip it ? WTF ?
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Rat wrote:I downloaded the Alphamame32 0.70 from the first thread but when I try to extract it from the zip it tells me that the .exe file is password protected and I can't unzip it ? WTF ?
Just downloaded AlphaMAME32 again to test this and it doesn't have a password.
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

I just deleted my old .exe instead of trying to overwrite it and it worked. Hmmm strange, oh well :)

Cheers :)
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

mahlemiut wrote:Unlikely in the near future. Go use Satourne or something. :)
With current PC processors speeds,it's better to play with the real Sega Saturn or the ST-V cab rather than hoping on a emulator.Satourne gets about 6% on my 1.8Ghz PC and it crashes hard and often,for not talking about the config file errors.But I'm not surprised about it,it have seven ordinary processors plus two VDP chips,and every one of these have a minimum of 100 pages of "official documentation"...

BTW here's a fix for the road colors in Namco System 2 racing games:

Code: Select all

Change line 816 of drivers/namcoic.c from:
int color= (data >> 10);
to:
int color = ((data & 0xf800)>>11);
Enjoy ;)