Inps you would like to see at marp

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

The 300,000/400,000 area is just about possible on the original cabinet . Anymore than that I can't see possible without exploiting the bug you mention TJT. Also it's true what you say, it's too damn hard to control properly in mame to score highly.
Darren
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

I know how to get outside of the fence. You can basically hit one of the circular things on the sidewalk and if you turn at the right speed, you will go through the fence. What are good techniques to trap the bees? Do you let the bees chase you while you are outside the park then go back in? I never knew a good way of doing this. If anyone could make an inp trapping the bees, I think it would be neat to see.

Tim, thanks for the double dragon info. I never knew that trick.
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

mahlemiut wrote:Over 4 million on Twinkle Star Sprites comes to mind...
Perfectly destroying all Golem formations AND leeching the enemie's attacks...that would be great unfortunately..one thing I've noticed from that game is that after a certain score plateau, the enemy suddenly loses 99% of their IQ points and starts running INTO death. Case in point: Realy Till or Yan Yanyung before you get 100,000 pts. -_-
「シューティング ラブ。」
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/8/0/8/ta ... mame64.zip
Facts:Game lasts less than 60 seconds.
8) Size of inp. unzipped is 86KB.
8) First place / 100 points.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Personally I would like to see a Crude Buster finished recording.That would require that somebody sacrifice his soul to the devil though...
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

zlk wrote:Tim, thanks for the double dragon info. I never knew that trick.
No problems. Believe it or not it is an original discovery. A friend and I discovered it when the game was all the rage in the late 1980's. We'd played the game for weeks and were horsing around trying crazy things like using the whip all the way or using flying back kick only to kill enemies. Just for laughs when we would fight for the girl at the end, the winner would jump off into the spikes rather than rescue the girl - heh!, heh!

Another thing we used to like to do was take items from level to level. You have to be facing right with the item in hand at the end of a level to take the item to the next level. Works for barrels, whips, bats, rocks. Once we took a barrel from level 1 all the way to the cliff leading up to the last level! That was indeed 'a barrel of fun'!

Cheers,
Tim
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

tmorrow wrote:Another thing we used to like to do was take items from level to level. You have to be facing right with the item in hand at the end of a level to take the item to the next level. Works for barrels, whips, bats, rocks. Once we took a barrel from level 1 all the way to the cliff leading up to the last level! That was indeed 'a barrel of fun'!
I would like know if it's possible to take the riffle at the end of the game. The one in the high-left of the screen when we fight the boss.

Francois
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

Francois Daniel wrote:I would like know if it's possible to take the riffle at the end of the game. The one in the high-left of the screen when we fight the boss.Francois
That bastard never lets go of the rifle no matter how many times you thump him. The only trick I know is that you can actually put him in a headlock and throw him over your shoulder but only when he is one hit away from death. If you stay really close to him he won't shoot (but he will machine gun whip you or kick you) and so you can play a game of kicking him, putting him in headlock, then releasing him again and again. Lots of fun!

Tim
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I wonder watch SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 X - be finished by GUILE or T. HAWK! For me, the game is hard playing as RYU or SAGAT...

Also, could be fun see more than 10.000.000 on Rygar (FRANÇOIS), 200.000 on ELEVATOR ACTION, and the 9.999.900 on GNG or GETSTAR.

More than 2.000.000 on 99 THE LAST WAR, 26.000.000 on SAINT DRAGON, and finally 10.000.000 on METAL SLUG 3!!!!!

That´s all folks! :)
Long life to good games
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

INNUENDO wrote:I wonder watch SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 X - be finished by GUILE or T. HAWK! For me, the game is hard playing as RYU or SAGAT...

Also, could be fun see more than 10.000.000 on Rygar (FRANÇOIS), 200.000 on ELEVATOR ACTION, and the 9.999.900 on GNG or GETSTAR.

More than 2.000.000 on 99 THE LAST WAR, 26.000.000 on SAINT DRAGON, and finally 10.000.000 on METAL SLUG 3!!!!!

[Watches MARP Uploads start showing these scores in a few hours and all the uploads by BBH]

Kelly ](*,)
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
INNUENDO wrote:I wonder watch SUPER STREET FIGHTER 2 X - be finished by GUILE or T. HAWK! For me, the game is hard playing as RYU or SAGAT...

[Watches MARP Uploads start showing these scores in a few hours and all the uploads by BBH]

Kelly ](*,)
hell no, Metal Slug 3 sucks!!! =;

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

hahaha that emoticon has got to be the gayest thing ever \:D/
Q.T.Quazar
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Q.T.Quazar »

how about someone completing the first level of cosmic chasm?
--------------
BrokenVaus--Q.T.Quazar's law of MAME: Any game I am good at will have something seriously f***ed with its emulation.
wuzel
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by wuzel »

10 mln game of robocop or one or more places where the counter wents crazy :)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Q.T.Quazar wrote:how about someone completing the first level of cosmic chasm?
Hehe, I've done it, but inp is at sold and formatted harddrive now. Little hard, but easy too(what?).

How about: reach black widow kill screen! Marathon any starwars series game. finish Klax! (and write Atari for T-shirt...)!
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

The TJT wrote:
Q.T.Quazar wrote:how about someone completing the first level of cosmic chasm?
Hehe, I've done it, but inp is at sold and formatted harddrive now. Little hard, but easy too(what?).

How about: reach black widow kill screen! Marathon any starwars series game. finish Klax! (and write Atari for T-shirt...)!

ROTFLMAO I actually once managed to beat Roadblasters... and damn was I pissed that I couldn't send off for a t-shirt... but hell yeah... I'D LOVE to see someone PWN Klax... prolly have to warp like mad though [and that's a b*tch and a half to do it too!] ](*,)

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.