Inps you would like to see at marp

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Inps you would like to see at marp

Post by zlk »

There is no doubt that marp has many quality replays made by some very impressive players. Still there are many things I would like to see in a replay that haven't been done just yet:

I would really like to see someone finish donpachi on one credit. Violet made an excellent replay, scoring an "all clear no miss" 20 million points on the first loop. Unfortunately the player decides to quit after the first loop. It seems to me a player of Violet's skill level could probably complete the game. I just hope one day someone makes an inp doing it.

I would like to see BBH spend a few days and finish total carnage. His score is already quite good and he definitely has the skill to finish the game. I would also like to see anyone finish Smashtv on one credit. I have heard several people claim they can do this. I have my doubts if it is possible. Currently both BBH and I are stuck on the 2nd level boss Scarface. He is a bit difficult to beat. A marp player does hold the TG record for smashtv at around 13 million. My guess is this player died somewhere in the 3rd level after the die cobras. Unfortunately this player hasn't submitted an inp to marp in a long time.

It would be nice to see someone finish dragon blaze, mars matrix, and the new version of dodonpachi :lol: What inps would players like to see at marp?
Last edited by zlk on Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

I would like to see 10mil on mrdo! Come on Gaz! I know you can do it :)
QRS
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Inps you would like to see at marp

Post by sikraiken »

zlk wrote:I would really like to see someone finish donpachi on one credit.
Maybe I'll attempt to work on it over the summer, zlk. ;)
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: RE

Post by LordGaz »

QRS wrote:I would like to see 10mil on mrdo! Come on Gaz! I know you can do it :)
That would take over 7 hours QRS :!:

I would like to see an Pacman inp demonstrating how to get a perfect monster eat on the levels where they only turn blue for 1 second and the inp must be made on a PC not a Mac. LN2?

Also I would like to see a Puzzle Bobble game of 50 million or so. I can envisage a 40-45 million game if you are lucky with the colours but more than that I would like to see.

Gaz :)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

well, if a PC just happened to show up at my door one day I would consider doing this. :P

Just get my inp...then make a CD with macmame all set on it etc. then go down to Kinkos or local college which likely has some public accessible macs around. :P

The inp loaded that's 3.32 million is good enough to demonstrate this. it isn't a perfect eat game but it's close enough to see how I do it. The couple perfect eat games I had I failed to reach the split-screen.

I find it harder overall doing the 4 hours of 9th key pattern runs versus the 1.5-2 hours of the early boards grouping and eating all the monsters. In the few months I was seriously playing pacman I had 4 perfect score games entering the 9th key....yet have only reached the split-screen once.

I figured if I had gone to funspot I maybe would have made a run or 2 at pacman...cuz I figure doing it with a arcade joystick would be easier....especially running 9th key patterns.
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

I forgot one 8O

I would like to see someone score over 500,00 on 720. I know several people who can score between 300,00 and 400,000. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get 100,000+ more points out of the game.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

zlk wrote:I would like to see BBH spend a few days and finish total carnage. His score is already quite good and he definitely has the skill to finish the game.
General Ahkboob is very difficult though, since you have to beat his machines like 567627948 times to finish it off. And even if I did manage to luck out and beat him, I still wouldn't have the 220+ keys needed to get into the Pleasure Dome, and then you wouldn't be satisfied and would want to see *THAT*. :) I just don't think it can be done, since Orcus becomes harder if you take every key room on Stage 1.
I would also like to see anyone finish Smashtv on one credit. I have heard several people claim they can do this. I have my doubts if it is possible. Currently both BBH and I are stuck on the 2nd level boss Scarface. He is a bit difficult to beat. A marp player does hold the TG record for smashtv at around 13 million. My guess is this player died somewhere in the 3rd level after the die cobras. Unfortunately this player hasn't submitted an inp to marp in a long time.
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! IT'S ALL BULLSHIT LIES!!! I HATE YOU SCARFACE AAAHHH ($#U*%(*@(#@(

so anyways. There's just one thing I want to see more than anything else - 30 million+ on Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad. Those Gamest scores are taunting me because I have no fucking idea how I'm supposed to double my score when I'm already taking my time through the game and finishing on one credit. My theory is that there's some idiotic scoring bug/trick somewhere that I haven't stumbled upon, and you have to use that trick to get an extra 15 million points or so... I mean, what else could it be? But of course, nobody has any details about this and so the scores I felt relatively proud of end up looking like crap just because of this. Sigh.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Over 4 million on Twinkle Star Sprites comes to mind...

Twinbee Yahhoo finished on one credit in special mode would be great too.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

The double dragon gamest record is 999k or so. I have no idea how that is possible. A normal game score will end up being 90-110k when you finish. If you jack up the difficulty and leech everywhere, you can score 125k-170k. 8O I am baffled......
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

zlk wrote:There is no doubt that marp has many quality replays made by some very impressive players. Still there are many things I would like to see in a replay that haven't been done just yet:
For me its an inp over 10 000 000 on Rygar made by these incridibly skilled japanese guys :) Jump 100 times over the dead face was impressive to see, and in each round...

Francois
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

zlk wrote:The double dragon gamest record is 999k or so. I have no idea how that is possible. A normal game score will end up being 90-110k when you finish. If you jack up the difficulty and leech everywhere, you can score 125k-170k. 8O I am baffled......

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! If you saw BBH and I going at a LEECHFest.. [though I did it only once to boost my hearts up to max and then move on] then you can see it IS quite possible... mind you... that wouldn't be fun though, would it? I even got bored doing the glitch...

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

General Ahkboob is very difficult though, since you have to beat his machines like 567627948 times to finish it off. And even if I did manage to luck out and beat him, I still wouldn't have the 220+ keys needed to get into the Pleasure Dome, and then you wouldn't be satisfied and would want to see *THAT*. :) I just don't think it can be done, since Orcus becomes harder if you take every key room on Stage 1.

O.O?! Are you kidding me?! How the hell is that even possible?! [Though it makes sense then why I had such a hell of a time when I dual warped with 100+ keys] and as for Ahkboob... you have to beat him I think 5-6 times... and even then it's $%#$$# ridiculously hard! AND THEN!!! You have to catch EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM as they all herd off the screen or the words "You let General Ahkboob escape!" pops up... you still go to pleasure dome though..

Mind you... I think you're honestly the ONLY person who could complete the Pleasure Dome with EVERY single gift gotten... [Password AZAZ]... because I gave it a whirl and it eluded to not being greedy enough... but the thing is.. I collected the shoes and they disappear when you enter the dome... perhaps you could do it and find out what the reward is?

Short of romhacking the bitch or using cheats... I dunno how to do it..

Kelly

[Who's REALLY curious and almost wants to make a guide for this game!]
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Kelly, I think the score is not for vs. double dragon, but the real double dragon game. I could be mistaken though.
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

zlk wrote:Kelly, I think the score is not for vs. double dragon, but the real double dragon game. I could be mistaken though.
Are you sure the 999,990 double dragon was a single player game. It is easy to get that score in a doubles game. There is a legendary trick at the end of the first couple of levels. It runs like this:

1. Take a whip with you to the end of the level.
2. One player captures a minion (by walking up behind him). The second player destroys all the other enemies.
3. The level will not end until the last enemy (currently captured) has left the level, but the time stops dead.
4. Now Pick up the whip and whip the hell out of the captured enemy. He will not fall down and after 1-2 hours you will rack up as high a score as you like.
5. There is a bug after 900,000 (not sure exact score) where every point you get gives you a free life.

The only single player leeching trick I know is to grab an enemy, kick him two times, release him and repeat. But is seems unlikely you can rack up the required score in the time limit.

Unless there is a score calculation bug or a bug where you can freeze time and fight on, I can't see how 999,990 is possible in single player - I'd love to see it done.

Tim
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

zlk wrote:I forgot one 8O

I would like to see someone score over 500,00 on 720. I know several people who can score between 300,00 and 400,000. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get 100,000+ more points out of the game.
I can score about 220K at mame, but my previous inps seem to playback only for me :(

Scoring more without original controls, well dunno if can or not. I use spinner with mame, not easy.

Marp scores are all using one credit, not 3...
Then again my pb is over 900K, exploiting a bug in the game, where bees can't catch you...You need luck to exploit the bug, need to get into "fenced" area, stay there until bees come, bees think you are elsewhere. Just go out to playing area and jumpjumpjump for points. Sometimes happens when trying to enter a park, happened to me about 2-3 times at arcade. Exploiting this bug is against spirit of the game though.