Lost recordings

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Lost recordings

Post by LN2 »

In regards to the report of lost recordings by ZwaX...

Can't we just resubmit a score for a game we had submitted during that time period?

Won't that reupload it? Or could we perhaps submit it as "deleted" first...then resubmit?

It seems odd to e-mail them to ZwaX if just resubmitting would work.
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

I did resubmit my 4 scores that were lost. Some guys might not see this problem or visit news/irc/ board etc though. That´s why chris decided to see if some confirmer still had a lot of inps from that time. zlk had a lot of them, so it was a faster way to get them. Still about 40 of them missing though.

Of course everyone can resubmit the scores! The problem might be that some people might not do that until 2020 :)
Last edited by QRS on Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QRS
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

I do not own a lost recording.
However, today I'm unable to upload a recording.
All I get is a white page telling me there is an error. :(
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

well I asked cuz one of the remaining "lost" ones is one of mine.

I can just resubmit it versus e-mailing it to Zwax.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Yep! I'm trying to upload couple of recording and I'm still getting white page (error) showing up on upload page. Not sure when that will be fixed or not! :(

Later,

Notman
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

white page error? Well, the submit area seems to be working fine.

Perhaps you need to dump your browser cache or force-refresh or something.
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Testing the other 2 upload and It seems like it was working. Lost two good inps due script error. Probably has to do with Alphamame .70 recording is interfering with the Mame ini/cfg files. I'll have to look at the ini and cfg files and figure it out why it went wrong.

Later,

Notman
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Notman - If you do get a script error it's always worth just checking the upload screen because most of the time it gets submitted anyway.

The script error used to happen quite often for me but I have to say it hasn't happened for a while. There was a stage last year when I couldn't submit anything so I used to upload my inps to my personal webspace and then use the submit form for AOL users which worked fine (I don't use AOL by the way).

Perhaps you could try that if it continues to be a problem. It has nothing to do with Alphamame or your ini/config file settings. I think it's probably timing out or something like that when you click on the submit button so I'm going to blame ZTNet! :twisted:
Darren
Luja
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Luja »

I can`t upload nothing too!!! (the white error page!!!) :twisted:
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Well! I'm not quite sure what went wrong. I think that is probably has to do with the -d3d recording on Alphamame, so I upload two testing inps w/o -d3d support and it works! I guess that I'll have to upload some inps w/o -d3d support or a bad recording on zip file???? Not sure why Zdnet give me the script error the zip files is working fine? Oh well! I guess that I'll have to re-record another inp. I'll have to test some inps to find out where the problem is! Later...

BTW, Zdnet sucks!!!