Battle lane

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

QRS
Editor

Battle lane

Post by QRS »

I just watched Snoops amazing skill on Battle lane!

Just one thing that I wanna find out... What kind of bug is he talking about? If you watch the recording you don´t see anything like that. He tells us that he uses a bug though:

"finished***leech on last boss, 7 missiles left****bug: press and hold coins button;game freezes until release it**** [advertised 1058700]"

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... 00&tourn=0

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/e/f/a/kk ... _win61.zip

The leeching is ok in my opinion due to the limit of missiles. I guess the last boss is almost impossible without them :) What about the bug though? By his description it sounds like it is some way to pause the game, and that should not be legal. Please check it out.

Other than that.. great game!!
QRS
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I dare say that that sounds like something that wouldn't be possible at the arcade without access to the coin door.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

30 views and only one answer?? come on guys and type down what you think about it! :)

Cheers!
QRS
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

I haven't watched the recording, but he didn't say he took advance of this bug. Besides, it isn't useful... and I think many games suffer this bug, another example is Renegade. As he said, keep the coin button pressed and the game freezes until you release it.

Wonderboy in Monsterland has a worse bug with the credits. If you insert a coin at the right time during the startup sequence (smashing the coin button usually works) there will be several graphics problems and you will die as soon as you start playing. Well not you, the character! :D
kkl
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by kkl »

Thanks for looking my inp

about this "bug",i didnt show it because i forgot to use it in my last upload.Just try to keep coins button pressed,and game will freeze.
Even if you press coin button one time while playing,game will "lag".
By the way,u cant use it on the arcade machines.
Now that alphamame doesnt allow pausing games,this looks like a great way to do it :)

Final score without leeching is about 400/500.000.Every missle u use on last boss stage will give u 10.000pts (and every 50.000pts u get one life,but theres no way to get missiles in this stage,and u cant kill boss with gun,so 0 missiles=game over even with 10 lifes remaining)