More split suggestions

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

mahlemiut
Editor

More split suggestions

Post by mahlemiut »

Tokkae Puzzle-dama and Taisen Puzzle-dama:
These games appear to have three modes, very much like Twinbee Yahhoo! Practice, Normal, and Expert. Practice, I think, is three stages only, and Expert has much higher scoring, plus an end of game bonus.

Mighty! Pang (for when it's added to the database):
Panic Mode, Tour Mode, and Expert Mode. Very much the same as for Pang! 3.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

I agree with Mighty Pang! as each of the 3 selectons are each totally different from each other, each having a unique set of level layouts. ***PL***, can you add this?

However, I haven't played Taisen Puzzle-dama:, but from the selection descriptions (Practice, Normal, and Expert) it seems like each of the levels is similar (abeit that in Practice you only play a limited number of rounds - but are the rounds unique from the other selections?) and the only difference is the difficulty - or am I wrong?

***PL*** has already decided not to split Pop'n'Pop, which has Practice, Normal, and Expert modes, with the expert mode having the same levels (same backgrounds) as the others, but a totally different balloon layout [objective]).

Therefore, I would say it's unlikely that Taisen Puzzle-dama will be split, but I guess it depends on how different the levels are.

Regards,
Kranser.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

kranser wrote:However, I haven't played Taisen Puzzle-dama:, but from the selection descriptions (Practice, Normal, and Expert) it seems like each of the levels is similar (abeit that in Practice you only play a limited number of rounds - but are the rounds unique from the other selections?) and the only difference is the difficulty - or am I wrong?
Like with Twinbee Yahhoo! and Tokkae Puzzle-dama, the scoring is much higher. I think it should be just have a split for expert mode, due to the different scoring.

As for Mighty! Pang, it's not likely that it'll be added to the database until it's in an official MAME build (ie: 0.68). But that's entirely up to Pat, of course. ;)
- Barry Rodewald
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

I would say this: if playing expert mode does indeed produce SIGNIFICANTLY higher scores than normal mode -- then yes, there is a huge scoring differential and a split is warranted.

As far as adding future games not released/emulated by MAME, no chance! You guys will just have to wait until an official announcement. :)
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

That it does. Virtually all points in Twinbee Yahhoo! are doubled in Special mode. As for Tokkae Puzzle-dama and Taisen Puzzle-dama, probably even more so.

As for Mighty! Pang, I did add it to AlphaMAME. :)
- Barry Rodewald
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: More split suggestions

Post by Novice »

Defcon=6

To tell the truth, I still can not understand the rule of split yet.
"WHAT IS SPLIT and WHAT IS NO-SPLIT".

1 Different Game.
exapmple:Dangan feavaron time attack,mouja taisen,puchicarat taisen....
all games split. I have no against opinion.

2 Different Course.(same rule. simply stage rayout are different)
SPLIT:rod-land,bubble bobble,pipe dream,camel try
No-SPLIT:puzzlebobble 2,3,4's another world.

3 Different Length(easier course has only 3 stages.real high scores are on more difficult mode)
SPLIT:nothing.(as long as I know)
No-SPLIT:puzzle bobble 2,3,4's vs,puyopuyo,phelios

4 Different Scoring system(harder mode has x2,x3 or x10 scoring system)
SPLIT:paper boy
No Split:marvel land japan,puzzle dama,tokkae dama

Twinbee yahhoo should not split by rule 3 but rule 4.
so easy/normal and special. 2 way is reasonable if current split is right.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE