End T6?

Discussion about MARP's Tournaments

Moderator: giro-X

destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

End T6?

Post by destructor »

Today is 16 april. Is it the end of tornament 6?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I would figure that it ended 11 and a half hours ago.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by lagavulin »

Yes it's finished. Deadline for submissions was Tuesday 23.59 GMT. When all judges will have reported to me that they're OK with their recordings, I will publish final results.
Lagavulin,
2003 MARP Tournament Coordinator.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Without waiting for judges reports, I would like to congrat the top3 and especially Destructor for a very good fight with lot of spectacular scores.
I'd thought this tournament was for BBH, but ...

Even if I didn't play too much on several games, I was very impressed on scores made on ixion where I was judge.

I hope that most of us will be back in next tournament (probably k3, but as my twins are just born - last friday- I can't give you a date for the moment)

I will finish with my usual top3 games for t6 :
1-ixion
2-wits
3-pgoal
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I'll be waiting for K3. :D

And congrats to Destructor, good job. Congrats to the rest of the top finishers also.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Thanks to all players T6. I think that we meet in next tournament.

Special thanks to Gmitra and Jeremy M. Dolan for fight on Ixion.
Special thanks to BBH for help link to Psychic5 and very good tactics shooting goals in Pgoal.
Congrats to C-TYPE for excelent score and tactics in Parodius.
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Phil Lamat wrote: I hope that most of us will be back in next tournament (probably k3, but as my twins are just born - last friday- I can't give you a date for the moment)
Congrats on the kids.
Phil Lamat wrote: I will finish with my usual top3 games for t6 :
1-ixion
2-wits
3-pgoal
Mine is:

1 - Wits
2 - Psychic 5
3 - Parodius / Dangun Feveron

And congratulations to you, destructor. 790 points out of 800 is absolutely fantastic.
Frankie
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

well, I was hoping that I would have a chance at actually winning this one. I would have if Destructor hadn't entered. :P Mad props to you, your Psychic 5 score is awesome... as for Pleasure Goal, I could have sworn I ended up copying your scoring technique :D I guess you just refined it a little more.

Overall I think this tournament definitely had the best collection of games that were actually enjoyable to play. Except for Boulder Dash, fuck that.
I was pleasantly surprised by Wits, it's actually a pretty fun game. And the BREAK TIME dude rules all.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Best - Psychic 5
Worst - Wit's (very closely followed by Boulder Dash)
Most played - Dangun Feveron. Three minutes needed only, great for a quick blast.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

BBH wrote:Overall I think this tournament definitely had the best collection of games that were actually enjoyable to play. Except for Boulder Dash, fuck that.
I was pleasantly surprised by Wits, it's actually a pretty fun game. And the BREAK TIME dude rules all.
And I was totally sure you would hate Wits :)

I've never liked Boulder Dash games, therefore I knew it would become a pain for me to play it. I also hate Boulder Dash :(
Frankie
Metrackle
Mutant Puzzle Freak

Post by Metrackle »

My reflections on the games in T6:

Boulder Dash: Frustrating. This was my least favorite this tournament. I would've settled for Ghox instead.
Dangun Feveron (Time Attack): Some quick fun, but bullet hell shooters aren't my cup of tea.
Final Fight: Always a legend in my book and my most played game this tournament. Had fun piledriving thugs.
Ixion: Fun for a while, but some of those levels hurt my eyes.
Parodius: A very good game with some laughs (I wish all high score entry screens were like this).
Pleasure Goal: I normally don't play sports games (except NBA Jam, which is too slow on my computer, even with the sound off and frameskip 11), but after playing this, I was pleasantly surprised.
Psychic 5: A rather nice game with many secrets to keep me coming back.
Wit's: Average, but there's something about stick figures that poop bricks that keeps me coming back for more.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Ha, you don't like Boulder Dash. But I be able to play only on Boulder Dash when I started in T6. :wink:
Nanni
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Nanni »

Congrats to Destructor, great play :D
But i hate tournament formula :x , when you really need to spend much time to master the games for good scores is so boring after two week... (unless you really love the game) , so im waiting for k3 (even if in k2 i have the same place :cry: )

I loose too the Italian Derby with Kale :( (wasting some good training on ixion)

But...
See you soon guys

JT

PS Special congratulations and my best wishes to Phil for is double prize...
Gmitra
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Gmitra »

wow i never thought i would be 3rd , in my first marp tournament .
Anyway ixion was great game , i hoped to get a first place there but i just
didnt have time to try and beat those scores , nice fight though (btw i had lots of problems using keyboard in ixion , what controlers were you people using ?|)
pgoal is an awfull game , i had no fun playing that , played it only 2 times after i saw the trick to beat the game :(
i did some leeching on psychic5 (i saw that from others:) but i still dont get this game , what is the trick to get all gold bonus and those hidden bonuses?
ffight i a great game and grats to those who finisihed it , although that was the only game from T6 that i played when i was a kid i still didnt do much better .
Other games were also fun except i also had problems with keyboard in wits,
i just couldnt turn around in later levels at high speeds.

Great tournament and the scoring system is much better then in DECA
so it makes playing games more fun.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

In ixion I use keyboard with standard sets.
BBH - what controller you use in wits?