How do I check the average speed of my .inp ?

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

How do I check the average speed of my .inp ?

Post by Rat »

I know my average game play speed must be 90% minimum, but how do I check what the average is ? I tried playing back my .inp but it doesn't tell me the average at the end.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

It's displayed in the console when you exit AlphaMAME. Obviously, MAME32 won't show this, but the Win32 console, and DOS versions do.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Rat
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Rat »

Thanks for that, I will just have to guess then as I'm having trouble using anything but mame32 on winXP.
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

What problem do you have with the Win32 console version?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

the console version should work just as well as the mame32 version, so i guess if he's having probs with the 32 version the console version will have the same, it's proly just a ini issue that isn't likeing the video/sound card. but it's worth giving the "regular" console version a try.

also it's not an exact measure but you can pretty much tell the average by looking at the F11 screen in any alphamame. Hit F11 when playing the recording back and you'll see the recorded integral speeds, if this is rock solid at 100% it's pretty likely the avearge speed is not going to be below 90%, but if it's fluctuating, 85,95,85... then it's proly time to use no sound or a higher frameskip...
-skito