WRX2

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Yes ... I was also upset that SKL (the loderndf king) has no mail address
Luja
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Luja »

WRX2???
Is this a man or a team???
In two days 5 first places! (very different games) 8O

If he's a guy, he's amazing! If I was BBH, I will begin to tremble... :wink:
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

More and more I think WRX2 must be a team. Not so much in the number of high scores submitted almost daily which is enough to think WRX2 is a team but more so that different versions of mame seem to be used for each upload...even multiple uploads within the same day can be with 3-4 different versions of mame.

It isn't normal for someone to switch between different versions of mame all the time like WRX2's uploads do.

Look at his last few from this week and he's using 0.62, 0.63, 0.64 and 0.65 of winmame, dmame, tgmame(alphamame) among them.

go back even just a week or so and you see various versions of 0.5* being used.

No one would choose to use 10-15+ different versions of mame to record with like this.
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

o.O

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

LN2 wrote:More and more I think WRX2 must be a team. Not so much in the number of high scores submitted almost daily which is enough to think WRX2 is a team but more so that different versions of mame seem to be used for each upload...even multiple uploads within the same day can be with 3-4 different versions of mame.

It isn't normal for someone to switch between different versions of mame all the time like WRX2's uploads do.

Look at his last few from this week and he's using 0.62, 0.63, 0.64 and 0.65 of winmame, dmame, tgmame(alphamame) among them.

No one would choose to use 10-15+ different versions of mame to record with like this.

I have been noticing the same thing.. and it's kinda mind boggling.. now.. if it's a matter of.. oh say Mortal Kombat.. where newer revisions are slower... or Sega games where .36beta were whatcha needed... I could see a change down... but to flipflop between versions when submitting entries.. and it be so constantly flipflopping....

I dunno... something smells rotten in the state of Denmark... so to speak..

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: o.O

Post by Francois Daniel »

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:[
I have been noticing the same thing.. and it's kinda mind boggling.. now.. if it's a matter of.. oh say Mortal Kombat.. where newer revisions are slower... or Sega games where .36beta were whatcha needed... I could see a change down... but to flipflop between versions when submitting entries.. and it be so constantly flipflopping....
Kelly
But maybe the member of th teams don't know the teams are'nt very accepted in marp. Its not possible the editors or Zwaxy contact them ?

Not so long ago TeamPoland have only one account, but now they're a lot of them who'd take an account. Fortunately because they are many very good players in this team. Destructor is more than excellent :)

So, I think its possible to explain them to take multiple account.

Francois
Luja
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Luja »

I think that the teams would have differents accounts for each member of the team.

Or there would be antoher leadership score for the teams...
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

I think teams are fine...but should have a name where it's clearly a team like some other teams here have done...plus then in their user profile for the team check that box so they aren't listing in the MARP overall leaderboard.

WRX2 only joined 3 months ago(Dec 12) and is already in the top 20 with 92 first place scores and 101 total scores submitted.

...in only about 85 days?!?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

... and he says he has no time. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Hunter Killer-DF
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Hunter Killer-DF »

Wow... I joined march 8 and posted 32 games, some of those very far from 1st place, and all that because I'm on vacation until March 30th! After that, expect a big slowdown from me, since I work 9-18 and then go to college 19-22:30, and when I get home all I can do is sleep... and at weekendsI must spend most of my free time studying college stuff, leaving me about uh... half Sunday to play, at most? :)

I think teams could exist, as long each player is clearly identified (as of me, INNUENDO and Moreno, we all are -DF@TeamBrazil), this would be no problem, but teaming up and using one id is absolutely unfair, specially for many other players who spend what little free time they got...

But when I was 10, playing my old Master System, I'd spend whatever time I'd left playing, sometimes I'd play 12, 13, even 14 hours in a row. I once started playing Phantasy Star at 8 am and when I stopped it was almost midnight, only stops were for bathroom!! 16 hours! Obviously after that my parents started restricting my free time for gaming... :lol:

That *could* be WRX2's case. A major gaming-nerd, probably a young teen (I don't know him), or some guy who has someone to keep supporting him so that he doesn't either work or study, who does nothing in his life but playing games.

If that's not the case, than the possbility of a team or a major cheater that can crack even Alphamame INPs is very positive.

I'm only giving those comments because I read this topic and I didn't know he'd joined so early, until then I only thought he was an extremely talented jap guy, those of the likes who can't afford being 2nd...
Hunter Killer-DF
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Wow... I joined march 8 and posted 32 games, some of those very far from 1st place, and all that because I'm on vacation until March 30th! After that, expect a big slowdown from me, since I work 9-18 and then go to college 19-22:30, and when I get home all I can do is sleep... and at weekendsI must spend most of my free time studying college stuff, leaving me about uh... half Sunday to play, at most? :)

I think teams could exist, as long each player is clearly identified (as of me, INNUENDO and Moreno, we all are -DF@TeamBrazil), this would be no problem, but teaming up and using one id is absolutely unfair, specially for many other players who spend what little free time they got...

But when I was 10, playing my old Master System, I'd spend whatever time I'd left playing, sometimes I'd play 12, 13, even 14 hours in a row. I once started playing Phantasy Star at 8 am and when I stopped it was almost midnight, only stops were for bathroom!! 16 hours! Obviously after that my parents started restricting my free time for gaming... :lol:

That *could* be WRX2's case. A major gaming-nerd, probably a young teen (I don't know him), or some guy who has someone to keep supporting him so that he doesn't either work or study, who does nothing in his life but playing games.

If that's not the case, than the possbility of a team or a major cheater that can crack even Alphamame INPs is very positive.

I'm only giving those comments because I read this topic and I didn't know he'd joined so early, until then I only thought he was an extremely talented jap guy, those of the likes who can't afford being 2nd...
Hunter Killer-DF
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Sorry for the double posting, my mouse is sucking hard *throws it at the window* :twisted: