Toki poll - Second try.

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Should the first stage boss leeching be allowed?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:40 pm

Allow all kinds of leeching.
20%
Change the difficulty to "hardest" to prevent the leeching.
80%

Total votes: 20

Frankie
Editor

Toki poll - Second try.

Post by Frankie »

We never found out what to do about Toki. So on request from QRS I start a second poll, leaving out the option that got the least votes in the first poll:

viewtopic.php?t=9637&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=

Happy voting MARPERS.
Frankie
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

WTF WHO'S IN FAVOR OF LEECHING
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Voting is over, and it was decided that this game, and all its clones must be played on 'hardest' to prevent leeching.

I've made Special Rules for all 5 Toki games, which also includes information on how to check if the recording was recorded on 'hardest'.

QRS: Is my Special Rules description okay?

TOKI PLAYERS: I'll wait a week or so, before I go through the games to check if all of them where recorded on default (probably). If you have a Toki recording that you know was recorded on a difficulty below 'hardest', please go and delete it yourself, and make life easier for me, and the other editors :)
Frankie
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Sounds correct to me Frankie. You can also add to the special rules that on the first boss it requires 2-3 shots/ape on the hardest settings compared to 1 on default settings.

ps I will delete my recordings as fast as I can or try to make better ones with hardest settings.

Regards
QRS
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Stupid me.... You can see what difficulty the game has in the beginning when you start the game.. A big screen wich tells all setting including what difficulty the game has for the moment. Make sure that it says "Very Hard" there wich means that it is set on "Hardest" in the dipswitches :)

And I find out that now after playing that game hundreds of times.. talk about retards :)
QRS
Frankie
Editor

Re: RE

Post by Frankie »

QRS wrote:Stupid me.... You can see what difficulty the game has in the beginning when you start the game.. A big screen wich tells all setting including what difficulty the game has for the moment. Make sure that it says "Very Hard" there wich means that it is set on "Hardest" in the dipswitches :)

And I find out that now after playing that game hundreds of times.. talk about retards :)
I didn't see that either, that makes two retards :D

I'll change the Special Rules, telling people to watch for this instead.
Frankie
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

I've zeroed all recordings on Toki and all its clones that was played on a difficulty setting below 'hardest'. This was indeed all of them :)

So, for all you Toki players, start submitting your new recordings on 'hardest'.
Frankie
Blost
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Blost »

Well, as changing difficulty clearly didn't eradicate the leeching bit(s), maybe we can reverse it back to medium & find another way?

Blost (who plays Toki on normal settings).
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

if people are still able to finish the game and leech in spots at hardest setting then why lower it again to medium?

Is it because perhaps you can't hack hardest? hehe

No reason to lower the difficulty IMHO given so many can still complete the game at the hardest setting....regardless of the leeching issues.

There was a separate vote newer than this one addressing that also....and I think it was decided the leeching is allowed as long as you complete the game. Check the special rules to see if that is the case.
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

I don't known this game, but if there are so much good players that finish the game without problem why not 1 life only and normal difficult ?
Ok still can leech but only the best will be N°1.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

DaviL wrote:I don't known this game, but if there are so much good players that finish the game without problem why not 1 life only and normal difficult ?
Ok still can leech but only the best will be N°1.
I agree because I don't know where is the problem to leech at this game. The leeching is on the last stage on the plant boss. Change the difficulty doesn't change anything. The one who reach the plant can leech forever. That doesn't prevent leeching.

The best is the one who make the best amount of points when the end of the game is reach.

For most game, the goal is to reach the end of the game. Why nobody here doesn't ever suggest to accept any leech (for any game) only if the ending is reach as a general rule for games who have ending ?
Blost
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Blost »

LN2 wrote:Check the special rules to see if that is the case.
Well all it says is : "It was decided in a poll on the Board that we must play this game on difficulty 'Hardest' to make it impossible/harder to leech."

As it's clearly not the case, i don't see why this rule exists anymore...
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Well, my guess is it still makes leeching harder than it was at medium difficulty. Yes, it's still present...but likely would be even more extreme at medium difficult.

At least that's how I read that decision.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Toki is very simple game. On stage with plant this isn't leeching but maximizing score. There aren't extra lives after points. Finished Toki with 1 live is no problem.
Sory for my English.
Last edited by destructor on Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

destructor wrote:Toki is very simple game. On stage with plant this isn't leeching but maximizing score. There aren't extra lives after points. Finished Toki with 1 live is no problem.
Soty for my English.
Yes, I agree. Furthermore, they're a time limitation in the game. So, I don't understand why its a problem to leech/maximize.

Francois